username

Prayers for Officer Charles "Rob" Roberts.

If you have a chance, please offer a prayer, intention, or thought for Officer Charles "Rob" Roberts, who is on the job in Glenridge.

Glen Ridge Police Officer Charles "Rob" Roberts, who has been diagnosed with coronavirus, was taken by ambulance Tuesday morning to a local hospital after his heart stopped beating, authorities said.

ESSEX COUNTY, New Jersey -- A police officer in Essex County diagnosed with coronavirus was taken by ambulance Tuesday morning to a local hospital after his heart stopped beating, authorities said.

Glen Ridge Police Officer Charles “Rob” Roberts, 45, had been diagnosed with COVID-19 and was recovering at home when he was stricken, the police department said in a statement.

“Glen Ridge officers responded to his aid and began life-saving measures along with our volunteer ambulance corps,” the statement said.

“They were able to successfully transport him to Mountainside Hospital where he is receiving treatment,” police said.

Roberts is one of several Glen Ridge police officers who have contracted the virus and are recovering at home, police said.

“Please keep Officer Roberts as well as our other officers in your thoughts and prayers. We appreciate all of our residents for thinking of Rob and his family during this difficult time,” the statement said.

The police department said Roberts is a familiar face in the community and “known unofficially as Mr. Glen Ridge.” Roberts has been with the borough police department since June 2000.

• Like 6
  • Winner 1

I heard today that he might be improving, can't confirm tho. I also heard from people that know him that he's a true gentleman. I truly hope he pulls through this.

• Like 2

Prayers sent ,.

may he and anyone fighting this virus recover and make us all strong again .

• Like 2

Chuckie is good people, in great shape....This virus attacks people in different ways.....God Bless Chuckie and family

• Like 1

Sis in law lives in Glen Ridge and just told me bout Rob. 

Said he is an absolute awesome guy!!

Prayers sent!!

Praying for him and his family.