Michael Britt

Q: Will you ever eat Chinese food again?

Never been a fan of Chinese food. Ocassionaly I have eaten egg foo young or roast pork lo mein. I cannot remember the last time I had it

Posted (edited)

It saddens me to see a post like this. I never really cared much for Chinese food and if I had it once a year, that was a lot. But I found this (crazy busy) place out in the sticks and love their food. I would eat it every week now and they have the best Won Ton soup I've ever had. Was sad to find out that they are closed till further notice. With post like this, I fear my initial hunch might have been correct for the closing. It's a  sad period our country is going through.

Edited by Jerzguy2

On 4/22/2020 at 2:01 PM, deadonshot2 said:

I never eat chinese food anyway. If I did I still would though. I will however try to eliminate as many purchases of chinese made goods as I can. Even if all of us were able to eliminate 50% of the chinese crap we buy that would hurt them deep in their economy.   We need to make those rat-bat bastards pay.

I'm thinking about ordering stuff from Amazon then returning it. In the window for "reason for return" I will put"made in China".

• Like 1

I’m not a huge fan of Chinese food, I’m picky for a fat sob, but there is a really good place in Wallington, Red Bowl, I think. Everything they make is fresh and clean and they don’t use any msg.
My cousin’s husband is of Chinese Descent, via Hong Kong, his parents came here in the late 80’s or early 90’s. His dad has a big family and still has a lot of family in Hong Kong. I have known their entire family to be kind, loving, warm, funny, hardworking and stereotypically intelligent.( if you don’t get a PHD or MD I feel like they disown you lol).
The point being I think the Chinese people are wonderful people as a whole but the CCP has to go. I agree we need to stop buying Chinese products as much as possible and sanction the piss out of them. Once we cripple their economy I think the people will rise up and seek a freer society and governance. However, I don’t want us to get caught up in more regime change wars or nation building. It’s too expensive with little if any pay off and costs far to many American lives.
I eat Chinese food once a week but not lately. But now I'm in the mood . I will try the red bowl.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, oldghost said:

I eat Chinese food once a week but not lately. But now I'm in the mood . I will try the red bowl.

Unfortunately, I don’t think they’re open. Tried calling earlier.

Unfortunately, I don’t think they’re open. Tried calling earlier.
They were open but decided to go to our usual place oriental garden in Lyndhurst. 50 min. Wait for pickup.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldghost said:

They were open but decided to go to our usual place oriental garden in Lyndhurst. 50 min. Wait for pickup.

I guess that’s why nobody was answering the phone.

If you buy some rice vinegar sesame oil and soy sauce you can pretty much make your own. I have been buying the udon noodles from the ethnic aisle and adding various vegetables and protein, usually shrimp. Its a good way to kill my lo mein cravings.