Rusty

How to post videos?

I know I asked this before but I am old so don't pick on me.

I want to see LukeG's videos so could somebody explain to him the best way to post videos?

Thanks

Edited by Rusty

He can upload them to youtube, then click on "share", copy that link and post the link in a post on the site... That is the short version. There are guys on here than can explain it better than I did though.

Edited by BowTechExperience

Rusty,

I set up a NJ Woods and Water YouTube channel where users can upload videos directly via email.
Email the video to the following address and it will automatically get uploaded there: [email protected]

Here is the NJ Woods and Water YouTube Channel

Make sure that you’re using one of the following formats:

• .MOV
  • .MPEG4
  • .MP4
  • .AVI
  • .WMV
  • .MPEGPS
  • .FLV
  • .3GPP
  • .WebM

Any file size restrictions on that mailbox? My mail server will send out unlimited-sized attachments because the server admin is cool like that.

Rusty,

I set up a NJ Woods and Water YouTube channel where users can upload videos directly via email.

Email the video to the following address and it will automatically get uploaded there: [email protected]

Here is the NJ Woods and Water YouTube Channel

Great, the sooner these guys start posting their videos the sooner I can figure out where they hunt.  :rofl:

Since I have a verified account with Google, I believe I am now permitted the following:

Once you’ve increased your limit, make sure you’re using an up-to-date version of your browser so you can upload files greater than 20GB.

There are some limits on the dimension of the videos you can upload to YouTube. The maximum file size is 128GB and the maximum duration is 11hours.

Rusty, let me know if you upload a video so I can verify if it's there.  First time trying this :)

It's not for me, it's for the new guys (LukeG and friends)

Since I have a verified account with Google, I believe I am now permitted the following:

Those are upload limits from a browser, not email attachment sizes.

When I get home later I'll send some different video file sizes to see when Google pukes. I'll report back with my findings.

I think that is global API limitations and usage limits for non-verified and verified accounts.

As long as your email server or browser can send a file within those limits, the Google YouTube API will accept and process it...at least that's how I read it :)

Yeah definitely give it a test run and see what you can do! :up:

Ok, I just sent it to that email address.  Let me know if your able to upload it or not.  If not, I'll have to figure out another way to attach it to the email.

Awesome and thanks!  

Rusty thats a sweet video too!  It's nice having someone thats able to film for you!  I haven't had that luxury yet