IGNORED

Fox in the hen house!

KBfishing

So I got a call from the neighbor the other day saying he just had a fox kill a chicken in front of him.  I told him I saw the fox around my other neighbors house the other day. Well, we found the den...chicken feathers, egg shells, and deer legs. Set up a wifi cam and it has been blowing up. I got a sound clip of the camera setup

with my youngest son too. 🤣

Fox Cam_playback_1587431831488.jpg

Fox Cam_playback_1587431770162.jpg

Edited by KBfishing

Fox killed mine last fall........took me a long time to find out how he got in.....I had built the coop and pen next to a shed, he tunneled under the shed and then came out behind the coop and squeezed through, really tight......it wass fun while it lasted and we enjoyed the eggs, probably do it again but with much better security.........

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE

2 hours ago, MRMCR said:

Fox killed mine last fall........took me a long time to find out how he got in.....I had built the coop and pen next to a shed, he tunneled under the shed and then came out behind the coop and squeezed through, really tight......it wass fun while it lasted and we enjoyed the eggs, probably do it again but with much better security.........

I'm building my coop and run right now on an old cinder block building foundation-it was a sheep barn.  The blocks go about 16" below grade as far as I can tell and there should be some kind of footing under that.  Regardless, it's just a perimeter wall with a dirt floor so I spread welded wire across the entire floor and covered it with compacted QP.  

Edited by Swamp_Yankee

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

That sucks , we lost all 10 of ours last year . Two separate instances . First one , when I think a fox got in through a small passage . Two weeks later a groundhog tunneled under the coupe and a raccoon went in and killed them . Never saw the groundhog hole until it was too late . Needless to say my nephew loved coming to feed the chickens and was pretty upset when they weren’t there to feed . Both the Groundhogs ,  and raccoons, all paid the ultimate price not long after that .  

I have some heavy duty wire shelves for warehouse racking that are pretty strong. No predators getting through this stuff. Would make a great floor for a chicken coop and the best part about them is they are free. 

I have 7 of them

20200418_123456.jpg

www.liftxrentals.com