Rusty

Is Easter a Fairytale?

When the topic of God comes up there are members here that state that they no longer believe in fairytales.  Is the belief in God a fairytale? 

Scientists agree that originally there was nothing, there was a beginning to the universe from nothing.  So how did the universe come to be?  How did the matter and energy that make up the universe come into existence? 

2 possibilities:

1.    The matter and energy somehow came from nothing.

2.    Something had to have created the matter and energy that make up the universe.

One of the most foundational laws of the universe is that matter and energy cannot be created or destroyed.  Matter and energy cannot come from nothing!  If you don’t believe in God then you believe that the matter and energy that make up the universe somehow magically appeared from nothing.  That goes against the most fundamental laws of the universe and takes a lot more blind faith than believing that there had to be something that started it all at the beginning. 

• Like 1

Either way, it can't be proven or disproven.  We don't know and most likely will never know.

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Either way, it can't be proven or disproven.  We don't know and most likely will never know.

JYEUIGKSLA4WPBZUOBEF5674GY.jpg

• Haha 1

Very interesting topic regarding creation. 

Is that Biden in that cute Bunny costume? 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Rusty said:

When the topic of God comes up there are members here that state that they no longer believe in fairytales.  Is the belief in God a fairytale? 

Scientists agree that originally there was nothing, there was a beginning to the universe from nothing.  So how did the universe come to be?  How did the matter and energy that make up the universe come into existence? 

2 possibilities:

2.    Something had to have created the matter and energy that make up the universe.

One of the most foundational laws of the universe is that matter and energy cannot be created or destroyed.  Matter and energy cannot come from nothing!  If you don’t believe in God then you believe that the matter and energy that make up the universe somehow magically appeared from nothing.  That goes against the most fundamental laws of the universe and takes a lot more blind faith than believing that there had to be something that started it all at the beginning. 

I believe in; we as a species do not have all the answers. The lack of proof certainly would not compel me to subscribe to a random theory (religion) that certainly cannot be proven. 

Interesting post rusty. 

17 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Whether they think so or not it matters little to me.  My faith is my own-what others choose to believe or not believe is up to them.  I find strength and comfort in my faith and while I feel bad for those who do not, I feel no need to convince anyone.  

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

To paraphrase sam harris theory;

If man were eliminated from earth,  and subsequently reintroduced.  Humans would re-discover fundamental  principles of science  that govern the world we live in (mathematics,  physics,  chemistry,  etc.). Religions as we know them would not be rediscovered. Christianity, judaism, Hinduism,  islam, and so on would not become a source of faith since these ideologies are a creation of man. 

• Like 1

Well I know I was one of those who mentioned not believing in fairy tales and being a recovering Catholic.:D Ill say this...I believe in God, the higher power or whatever one wants to call him/her. To me the fairy tale part is RELIGION, all of them. Its man made institution/ business just meant to control people. I also think the Easter bunny thing is just as real as most of the stories I would listen to by an old man in a robe every Sunday.

• Like 3

I think it is easier to believe the big bang theory and that scientist just have not figured out what created the very first matter than to believe in religion. 

I don't knock any religious people. I was raised Catholic and studied islam to understand it prior to being overseas. 

The biggest difference is religion is much more hypocritical than science. When science does not know- that is the answer "we dont know yet" When religion does not have an answer- the answer is "you need to believe more"

I was a religious until I was in many of the worst places on earth- I admit, I lost faith. Since then- its the mega rich pastors making poor poeple give them money. It is the roman catholic church that is the most hypocritical organization on earth. It is the anti gay/anti immigrants that then put on their sunday best and claim to "love thy neighbor" its the wannabe religious people that use bible quotes to make a point but diregard ALL the other bible versus that go against their point. 

At the end of the Day, if  God is real- which one is? Are they all the same? If so, why does religion cause such hatred around the world? 

intersting topic to bring up. prob more sensitive than politics!

Those that believe do not like being ask simple questions on faith. 

If you use faith for good- then God bless!  It just seems in todays world faith is used as a crutch, and to make money. 

Once in awhile i will still find myself praying....guess we will never know until judgement day! I figure I do enough good in this world that I am good in god's book. 

Yes the belief in god is a fairytale and religion is big money.  Whatever floats your boat though. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

C'mon, Rusty.  That's like asking if Pastafarianism is a fairytale.  Certain things just need to be taken as fact and just move on from there.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I once heard the only meat a priest can eat was nun

AF10C3EA-31D7-4AF7-A371-14C3AF751DEB.thumb.jpeg.9df53e80664dfc0abaeac92210eedeb0.jpeg

Edited by MGHunter66
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Rusty said:

2 possibilities:

We just don't understand and don't know what happen so the statement "That goes against the most fundamental laws of the universe" is as much of a guess as any of the explanations, including God creation. God himself can not be explained by science so using "God"  to defuse another science defying theory is not logical as well.
You either believe it or not and if you do no science is necessary, and nothing will change your mind because religion is based on "bling" believe.