madeinuk

Uranus in NW sky right now

Anyone without light pollution - take a look at the northwest sky.  That brilliant white star shining like a diamond is actually the planet Uranus.  

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Thanks I was wondering what that was.  The other night it was pretty spectacular with the moon above it.

Big moon coming up in the east right now as well.

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 2

It's not Uranus it's a government balloon that detects explosions.  I can see 3 of them from Wildwood.  They are in the sky every night in the same locations.  Look at it with binoculars it has red and blue blinking lights on it.  In the summer every weekend when the fireworks start they drop down rapidly.

Or do a search here.  It will tell you what you can and can't see.

https://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/night/@4501554

• Confused 1

According to that website it might be venus.

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Thanks I was wondering what that was.  The other night it was pretty spectacular with the moon above it.

Big moon coming up in the east right now as well.

Picture is still hot:-)

IMG_0540___@.jpg

• Like 3

I put an extender on my 400 mm lens. Things look closer

IMG_0544___2.jpg

• Like 3

Look at it with binoculars it's not a planet!  It has red and blue lights on it. 

If you look higher and to the left of that one you will see another one.  If you look east over the ocean there is another one.  

I've been showing them to people here for years they are in the same general location every night.  

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, nickmarch said:

Look at it with binoculars it's not a planet!  It has red and blue lights on it. 

If you look higher and to the left of that one you will see another one.  If you look east over the ocean there is another one.  

I've been showing them to people here for years they are in the same general location every night.  

Blue= cops are pulling someone over.,....Red= lipstick on a hooker ..............Its a planet

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lunatic said:

Blue= cops are pulling someone over.,....Red= lipstick on a hooker ..............Its a planet

Look at it next week, next month, next year and explain to me how it is in the same general area every night while the earth rotates around the sun and the earth rotates.