IGNORED

CV project # I lost count

Lunatic

I bought a driver back rest support with adjustable bracket for my bike 

Harley make nice accessories but instructions that come with parts are written by the same guy who created state unemployment site. If it wasn’t for youtube I could never do this. As it was it took 2 hrs. Then I took it for a test drive and wow!!!!, why did I wait so long to get this. The back rest was $114 and the adjustable bracket was $210.:shock: they have non adjustable bracket for $45 and I almost bought it but I’m glad I did not. The way you can adjust the back rest while driving, it works like the back rest of your car seat, you end up with infinite number of positions so you never get tired. The back rest pivots back and forth and up and down. It can be remove without taking the seat off.

EEE53F19-162E-4A16-B6DE-30674370A96E.jpeg

5200F66C-BA8A-4858-8A92-237170FC5E03.jpeg

20DA856F-CAA6-4984-831C-39B2CEC9D3B2.jpeg

14CBC6F5-DD3E-44D8-993C-7F755D7982E3.jpeg

335DD9D8-B06D-4956-949D-C5156A9C5EB1.jpeg

43CBAB8C-A150-46EE-B2F9-8A8CAC245179.jpeg

EAD7A10C-5B17-44DD-BD78-6E353148C7C3.jpeg

029B5189-BBAE-4E72-8A07-79C42344976B.jpeg

939F11EC-8EE8-438E-94C7-AD2F16521303.jpeg

Edited by Lunatic

32 minutes ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

You have a back rest for your Hog?  Just another sign of old age....  :shock::rofl:

Seriously, it looks great and will probably be helpful for those long rides.

No hiding it. As the time goes on I do look for the ways to make it easy on my old body. This is a game changer 

37 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Beat me to it,HH.  You know you're getting old when......

When I was young I rode my rigid motor-mount  sportster to Montreal for a beer. I had a beer and something to eat and I rode back with one stop, on the way up and down.

Those days are over. 

Edited by Lunatic

i had a harley, and customized it myself. YES their instructions suck. but its because they want you to take to the dealer to be done...

i sold it last year to help pay for things around the house i bought. and i got tired of almost being killed every other ride. i know you know this but ride safe out there. my biggest fear was deer and 18 year olds. 

7 minutes ago, Kype said:

i had a harley, and customized it myself. YES their instructions suck. but its because they want you to take to the dealer to be done...

i sold it last year to help pay for things around the house i bought. and i got tired of almost being killed every other ride. i know you know this but ride safe out there. my biggest fear was deer and 18 year olds. 

When you ride you ride like every single driver on the road is going to cut you off, run through stop sign, change the lane when you are right next to them and on and on. Of course you ride where is safer and now the traffic is light everywhere 

I have the same one on my harley it's great for pushing the bike backwards while sitting on it especially when you park on a reverse slant parking spot. 820 pounds can be a pain to push out of a spot sometimes FB_IMG_1468009581220~2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

"Don't forget that you're First Marines! Not all the Communists in hell can overrun you!" - Chesty Puller

47 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

When you ride you ride like every single driver on the road is going to cut you off, run through stop sign, change the lane when you are right next to them and on and on. Of course you ride where is safer and now the traffic is light everywhere 

i know. i rode for 6 years. put 21,000 miles on my harley. i got soft once once i had a daughter. maybe ill get another down the road. until then enjoy. its nice. 

Nice looking Corbin Roon. Today I finished upgrading my headlight from a h4 halogen to a led Hogworkz Daymaker. I had to get a new bucket for the led and modify it to accecpt the factory mounts and get wire harness in there but it came out pretty good. I just took it around the block on an unlit road. It probably puts out 50% more light than stock. 

Screenshot_20200408-212912_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200408-213002_Gallery.jpg

Let the lead fly!!!