IGNORED

Anyone Still Use This Type Of Flashlight?

BHC

I've always thought,we are spending all that money on patented finely detailed camo that isn't going to work on deer from a distance.You will look like a blob.We need large blotches of color to really break up our outline. Head lamps leave both your hands free,they are a must.I  always used red. :up:

2 hours ago, Pathman said:

I recently read a study that showed red lights are less visible to deer then green, if I can find it I’ll post it, but it didn’t really quantify the difference. 
I also believe your light is not what’s goin to give you away, it’s your movement and sound. 
Do you guys really think that by using a colored light the deer won’t see or hear you walking through the woods?😜

Hey I use colored lights as well, but not because i think the deer won’t see or hear me walking, it’s more for when I’m Climbing and getting set up, or have to look for something in my pack. 

If the area your accessing is thick and you have cover walking in, you could use a small white light on low setting pointed down just to illuminate your walking path, but if you’re the type of guy who’s ascared of the dark and need to light up the area on your walk, then a bright colored light may help to lesson the impact. 

I can tell you from YEARS of experience, many guys think the same way you do.

They then tried a green light and said WTF, this makes no sense.

I can walk right past deer that do not get alarmed that should be LONG GONE.

climb into my stand use the light to finish getting set up only to see the deer are already under me.

whether they see the green lights as another animals eyes,  or what the reason can be , but they don't have the same reaction they do to white light, or walking in the dark without a light where they high tail it.

It allows  your eyes also to remain readily  able see in the dark. that's never happening when you use a white light

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Sorry hammer, find that hard to believe, unless of course you’re hunting deer that are accustomed to people walking by them, such as a suburban area or development, or a petting zoo!😁

How many times in all your years  have you experienced deer that you know have seen you, and yet didn’t run because you had a green light on? 

I’ve  walked by Countless deer in the dark in my YEARS of experience (with a lot of those years doing night work with deer) and I will say at times yes, they may stand there as you’re walking because they are focused on the light and they freeze up till they can identify you,  and if you are set up far enough away they may wander unknowingly to your stand location, but unless they are “mentally challenged” deer, they will not watch you walk by, Watch you climb into your tree and then walk on over for a visit because of your green light!😂

I can only speak for myself using this green light.....One time I was putting the band of my climber around the tree, I hear walking I look and at 15 yards it was a bear, he looked but didn't spook,  another time I was sitting 40 yards from my bear bait I hear walking coming right to me I put the light on and there is a buck a 6 pt 10 yards away didn't spook....Numerous times in Illinois deer didn't spook....and countless times getting set up while in my stand deer, bear, coyotes walk by didn't spook....The green and red light just seems to not spook game

35 minutes ago, Pathman said:

Sorry hammer, find that hard to believe, unless of course you’re hunting deer that are accustomed to people walking by them, such as a suburban area or development, or a petting zoo!😁

How many times in all your years  have you experienced deer that you know have seen you, and yet didn’t run because you had a green light on? 

I’ve  walked by Countless deer in the dark in my YEARS of experience (with a lot of those years doing night work with deer) and I will say at times yes, they may stand there as you’re walking because they are focused on the light and they freeze up till they can identify you,  and if you are set up far enough away they may wander unknowingly to your stand location, but unless they are “mentally challenged” deer, they will not watch you walk by, Watch you climb into your tree and then walk on over for a visit because of your green light!😂

as usual you want to have input on something you haven't even tried.

I have been using a green light as are many of my hunting partners for half my lifetime.

They work, I don't know what the difference is but its REAL.

AS far as deer accustomed to people, I have walked past  deer here, in Pa , In Ohio and Ill. that for what ever reason didn't flee.

and IM sure they knew I was walking by them

the Buck I shot last year in the early season stayed 10 yards from my tree as I climbed up eating acorns.

Never moved off 10 yards.

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

5 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

as usual you want to have input on something you haven't even tried.

I have been using a green light as are many of my hunting partners for half my lifetime.

They work, I don't know what the difference is but its REAL.

AS far as deer accustomed to people, I have walked past  deer here, in Pa , In Ohio and Ill. that for what ever reason didn't flee.

and IM sure they knew I was walking by them

the Buck I shot last year in the early season stayed 10 yards from my tree as I climbed up eating acorns.

I never said i haven’t tried it Hammer, but I can see it’s your way or the highway, luckily for us you’re not a mod! 

all i was trying to do was give some data and fact behind the various light colors and how they might/ or might not impact deer, rather then simply anecdotal evidence, which as we all know is very subjective and doesnt apply across the board. 
I’ve done extensive testing on lighting for night shooting, but I’d rather provide data then my experience so that I don’t sound like a blowhard, hence the couple of study links I sent. 

I'm sure everyone has had an odd experience or two regarding deer behavior, that’s what makes it interesting right, but you’re giving the impression that if you use a green light you can walk up on deer at will, and it not have any impact, 99% of the time that won’t be the case. 

16 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

IS that really hunting if the deer is that dumb? I would assume it had a brain disease!

Never had a deer NOT run inside of 30-50 yards...in NJ, PA, CO, IL, NC

not saying I dont believe you...I guess it is jealousy- I must smell real bad!

18 minutes ago, Pathman said:

Now there’s a man who’s comfortable in his skin!😉

Most mornings are cool, not wearing a cap, wearing a stocking hat for warmth, so the brim clips don't work hahaha... A strap on with a white LED and a GREEN LED are what I use.   Always use the green when not wishing to spook deer.  It makes a difference. White to assist with blood trailing along with main tac light from my pack. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

9 minutes ago, toxo said:

Thats what she said! lol           Its all good guys!    Nice to see different experiences so we all can learn.:up:

With all the $$$ Matt pays me to moderate, least I can do is offer some form of amusement to you little people.  :rofl:

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….