IGNORED

4/7/20 - 2020 Trout Fishing Update

Why weren't youths allowed to keep any trout during the recent early special opening?

Seemed like a perfect opportunity for the Division to recruit future license buying constituents and teach youths about providing healthy food for their families during these crucial times of need.....instead of trying to explain to them the catch and release protocol and needing to wait til 8 AM on "opening day"!!!

Just so all of you trout seekers are aware:

4/6/20 - All State Parks have recently been closed. The following waters are trout stocked and will not be open for angler access. These closures will also affect angler access areas on rivers within State Park boundaries:

D&R Canal
D&R Feeder Canal
Green Turtle Pond
Lake Aeroflex
Lake Hopatcong (State Park/ramp)
Lake Musconetcong (State Park/ramp)
Lake Ocquittunk
Little Swartswood Lake (State Park/ramp)
Mingamahone Creek
Ringwood Brook
Round Valley (Park area)
Sawmill Pond
Sheppard's Lake
Swartswood Lake (State Park/ramps)
Stony Lake
Wawayanda Creek
Wawayanda Lake

However, I think they missed a few waters and parks and forests.  Flatbrook in Stokes,  Musky in Stephans State Park, Black River in Hacklebarney.  I'm sure there are others I can't remember so feel free to add the ones you know. 

Edited by stratocaster

What a waste of time, money, effort, and resources!

If anyone had any power at Fish and Wildlife....they could seize this opportunity and make a deal with Gov. Smurphy to keep access open to trout anglers which not only would satisfy people who already bought stamps n licenses...but would also make the state a few bucks from new license and stamp buyers (who may even become annual anglers for years to come), and provide recreational opportunities for licensed anglers during these stressful times, and the chance at providing food for their families during these tight times!!

I mean...is their anything unreasonable with that or am I missing something??!!

4 minutes ago, Bonefreak said:

What a waste of time, money, effort, and resources!

If anyone had any power at Fish and Wildlife....they could seize this opportunity and make a deal with Gov. Smurphy to keep access open to trout anglers which not only would satisfy people who already bought stamps n licenses...but would also make the state a few bucks from new license and stamp buyers (who may even become annual anglers for years to come), and provide recreational opportunities for licensed anglers during these stressful times, and the chance at providing food for their families during these tight times!!

I mean...is their anything unreasonable with that or am I missing something??!!

Excellent idea that falls on deaf ears..