IGNORED

Musky River

Lphunsjr

State parks are open for fishing

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

13 minutes ago, Mixbaghunter said:

Quick question  not to high Jack  your thread but iui s it still a 8 o clock start on opening  day . I didn't buy my stamp yet but with the free time i mite thank

Yes

12 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

State parks are open for fishing

The park I went to other day was barricaded off and it's a fishing stream as well

14 minutes ago, Lphunsjr said:

Yes

The park I went to other day was barricaded off and it's a fishing stream as well

https://www.nj.gov/dep/newsrel/2020/20_0010.htm

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

Can't help you with trout fishing in NJ anymore.  Ever since furunculosis destroyed the hatchery and they are only stocking rainbows I stopped fishing Jersey streams. 

I fish PA now and it is like a never ending dream.  Wild trout in every stream I fish and stocked browns and brookies.  Not to mention there are so many streams with wild fish I will never be able to fish them all,  just  can't justify spending $$ on a NJ license and stamp. 

59 minutes ago, Sako76 said:

I went by Dunnfield Creek parking area on Rt. 80 yesterday and it was also coned off, I thought that was strange.

The parks are open for hiking and fishing but they are closing large parking lots where people congregate.  

The Musky is 42 miles long and Stephens SP is on the wrong end of the good trout fishing.  It's an upside down watershed in that it begins in Lake Hopatcong and then flows into Lake Musconetcong before getting cooled down by tributaries as it nears Point Mountain.  From there to the Delaware River, the limestone groundwater mixes with river water to cool it down.  Sure, Stephens is heavily stocked, but it is also heavily fished.  That river has more public access miles without another angler around than any other trout rivers in NJ.