IGNORED

Real Survivor

Two years ago in July my dog went on point out in Colliers Mills and there was a cock bird that made it thru.  They are hardy and we haven't had harsh weather. They just need to be wary of the predators not having much overhead cover.

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

2 hours ago, Woodsman416 said:

Didn't semi wild just end a week or to ago?

But was it near a semi wild preserve ?

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

back in the 80s my dad  started with  18 in an incubator after the weak died we had 10-12 that lived also had quite a few quail that he got and most survived probably 18-20. he decided to let them go around the yard the quail in a couple years grew to a large covey that would come through the yard almost daily for years  and the pheasant moved to a private field up the road and stayed and multiplied for years its only been about ten years now I haven't seen a pheasant in the area but the coyotes are plentiful in that area..

1 hour ago, smittty said:

Yea I know finding a wild bird in nj is like hitting the lottery lol. But the do exist 

There's a bunch of wild pheasant in Bergen county down by the Hackensack river. Also used to see them in Harrington Park in woods past Dino's restaurant all the time when I used to go up that way