IGNORED

Permission and Covid?

Hunter99

I was wondering what are you guys doing during this pandemic, are you still knocking on doors? I have a few properties I really want to try and get access to but not sure if covid will affect the outcome of asking... Also what's the best way to go about getting permission? Most people seem to already answer the door with a  "what do you want" attitude and I can never get past that. It's easier for deer and waterfowl as most farmers hate them but what do turkeys do bad? LMK, thanks!

45 minutes ago, Hawkeye57 said:

I wouldn’t be knocking on doors right now. 

I know you are well intentioned but it’s a bad move. 

It’s also against the governors EO theoretically they can call the cops on you. 

Good point, I guess I'll have to wait

1 hour ago, Hunter99 said:

I was wondering what are you guys doing during this pandemic, are you still knocking on doors? I have a few properties I really want to try and get access to but not sure if covid will affect the outcome of asking...

I wouldn't knock on doors.  If someone came to the door wanting a permission bringing the probability of infection via a deadly virus, I would not be happy.

Could you call them?  Ask them if they need any help or services?  Might be a better way. 

Help them with no expectation of them helping you: (1) you're doing the right thing and (2) I bet if you help a few people, you get a permission sometime down the road.

Edited by username

1 hour ago, username said:

I wouldn't knock on doors.  If someone came to the door wanting a permission bringing the probability of infection via a deadly virus, I would not be happy.

Could you call them?  Ask them if they need any help or services?  Might be a better way. 

Help them with no expectation of them helping you: (1) you're doing the right thing and (2) I bet if you help a few people, you get a permission sometime down the road.

Thanks for the advice! I much prefer to do it in person because in my experience when you call them, it's very easy for them to just say no right off the bat. Also they don't know what you look like, etc,  but I might have to try in this situation. Not sure exactly how I could go about offering help though. I feel like it is strange for a random person they have never saw or met; to call and offer help.

I,have not asked permission in Years. Too many NOs... Only 3 Times on Private Land ..  That said, I have been wondering if a Phone Call to a Farmer and 5 - 20s might get me a 2 day Weekend Hunt somewhere.   I hear it is a smidge easier to bag a Gobbler on Private Ground.  Won't know till, I get access.  Seems every Farm up here in Orange County,NY already is spoken for.

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge.