IGNORED

Turkey season ???

Capt Hook

39 minutes ago, Capt Hook said:

this still on or did Murphy cancel it yet ??First time hunting them hate to miss out on it .

Do you get service to your rabbit ears on your television box?

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Kansas opened their season on 4/1 & their governor said turkey huntin is a great way to social distance and enjoy the outdoors.....she did say that out of state residents should not come to hunt Kansas, and they will get a refund for tags. 

That's Kansas......for NJ....I would predict the direct opposite from our "leadership " probably with a closure. 

4 minutes ago, DBuck said:

If they didn't cancel fishing season I highly doubt they're going to cancel turkey season

Good point!

But I'm wary of the liberal leadership who get votes from anti hunter groups...fishin is not as much on their radar....

Also, could be an issue what time u are allowed on the road....I leave for my spots around 3:30 AM

16 minutes ago, Bonefreak said:

Good point!

But I'm wary of the liberal leadership who get votes from anti hunter groups...fishin is not as much on their radar....

Also, could be an issue what time u are allowed on the road....I leave for my spots around 3:30 AM

If I recall correctly from Hunter Safety, only NJDFW can cancel fishing or hunting seasons, however the Governor can unfortunately shut down hunting on public grounds. Similar to what he did with bear hunting.  

Edited by deletereturnshift

Backcountry Hunters & Anglers Member

NWTF Member

13 minutes ago, toxo said:

With Murphys   "discouraging all non-essential travel between 8pm and 5 am",Do you think that they might be stopping cars that are on the road at 4am? 

NO!

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

4 hours ago, vdep217 said:

I work for an essential business I have been on the road at all hours havent been pulled over nor seen anyone pulled over

I agree. But if this virus ramps up in next couple weeks that may change. They may begin enforcing it at that point. So definitely another uncertainty with this dam virus.

4 hours ago, toxo said:

With Murphys   "discouraging all non-essential travel between 8pm and 5 am",Do you think that they might be stopping cars that are on the road at 4am? 

Nope

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."