IGNORED

whats a good length shad rod

Kype

57 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

I like my Fenwick 7’6” HMG  ML one piece . know

perfect for 1/4 Oz and 3/8 Oz singer in front of a dart or spoon  casting while wading 

thanks

Edited by Kype

a 7' rod is most versatile for most conditions.   I use many of the same 7' rods from boat as I do from shore. My favorite shore rod is specific for shore, is 8' St Croix "eyecon" which are designed for river walleye fishing which very much simulates how I cast and slow reel and drift for shad.    The rod Dan mentioned is good too, and could be used for both shore and boat.  The "eyecon" series of rod also has a nice 7' version and a good 7' 6" version too.   Highly recommend this series of rods. Split the difference with the 7'6" and put a Daiwa BG 2500 reel on it (highly impressed with these reels just got one). 

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/st-croix-eyecon-walleye-spinning-rod?hvarAID=shopping_googleproductextensions&affcode_c=&gclid=Cj0KCQjwjoH0BRD6ARIsAEWO9DuCPjmEzkJxylWMpNj85OUnntbqjTlM8ar7ExpirhzyTjK_vTY2F5AaAiQoEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

thanks. took my short drive to the riegelsville boat lanuch. had probably 10 or more boats launching. and few guys getting waders on. i had my daughter with me so couldnt fish. i have a few 7 foot rods in the basement and about 10 packs of darts i never opened. may try one day after work this week.