IGNORED

Deer In Lodi

BHC

Friend took this picture of this deer in Lodi, it was on Union Street, a busy road. Amazing, where they can live and roam. Born/raised in Lodi for 38 yrs., only saw a few in the last few years I lived there in the cemetery

deer in Lodi.jpg

Yeah, they seem to really be coming out lately in "weird" places.  I have seen so many deer this past week either on the edges of roads or in very developed areas. 

Guess they really don't need to stick to one location with all the food sources growing out there...

- Mack

This time of year the yearlings get kicked out by Momma while she has her fawns.  The yearling males head for new pastures and can be seen in some crazy places.  The number of roadkills this time of year also goes way up for the same reason.  Lots of dead deer on the road right now. 

This time of year the yearlings get kicked out by Momma while she has her fawns.  The yearling males head for new pastures and can be seen in some crazy places.  The number of roadkills this time of year also goes way up for the same reason.  Lots of dead deer on the road right now. 

I had a meeting down in Assunpink yesterday and noticed an incredible number of deer road kills wherever I was down and back.  About like you will see around the rut, in fact.