HamiltonR&G

Lay Off?

Hang in there guys! Hope we come through this soon and with our health. 

The big scam now is companies worried about eligibility for credits and loans. Laying off workers and temporarily reducing pay so they can show a hardship. My wife’s company is doing this as of Friday. Keep on working. But we pay you less. And we lay off the other half. Oh but we’ll call them back after we see what we are gonna get. Disgusting 

I am in manufacturing.   Those that can “work” from home are.  It is usually me and one other manager running  60 people at the site now. 

4 hours ago, Wallew said:

Still doing construction in hospitals but not sure for how much longer. Our company has been shut down in quite a few hospitals but there are a handful that are still letting us work.

Which hospital are you at ? 

We have a mix of the same going on .

some want no one but patients and staff there .

some want us to continue pushing through like there isn’t a care in the world ( or we are expendable)

At present I am still working. But being a bunch of our jobs are shut down the pre-fabrication sheet list is short. I am just thankful for any day I get to go in.  But I am taking tomorrow off to do some outdoor social distancing activities with the family. We are going to get lost in the Delaware Water Gap park. Plan is to locate a lot off the beaten path that has no cars in it, and we know a lot of them. 

friend is getting laid off Friday..He's a Xray tech

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Livesintrees said:

The big scam now is companies worried about eligibility for credits and loans. Laying off workers and temporarily reducing pay so they can show a hardship. My wife’s company is doing this as of Friday. Keep on working. But we pay you less. And we lay off the other half. Oh but we’ll call them back after we see what we are gonna get. Disgusting 

How do you know this is the reason why they are doing this? Companies that can make profit right now will work vs unknown maybes. The only way a businessman  go for maybe is when you can’t make a profit the other way. 

Edited by Lunatic

Still working and OT is crazy right now. We have 24 guys. We maintain the critical systems (generators, chillers, boilers, UPS, etc)  for a banks office building. They split us up into 2 teams (Team A & Team B). We are working 2 weeks on and 2 weeks working from home. We are a 24/7 operation. We are covering pre-approved PTO, covering 1 guy out on medical leave and we also have 2 guys that are mandatory self quarantine (just to be safe) because they came back from vacation overseas. 

wife layed off, i'm working from home. Not sure for how long because there were strong rumors that we were for sale although current climate may have nixed that.

9 hours ago, Lunatic said:

How do you know this is the reason why they are doing this? Companies that can make profit right now will work vs unknown maybes. The only way a businessman  go for maybe is when you can’t make a profit the other way. 

Flat out told the employees this. They need to show “hardship” now or they won’t qualify for the loans. 

working from home right now.the company has had lay offs already.i am happy for everyday i'm working.like some of you i have never taken unemployment in 37 years.i look at it this way,

this is a very bad situation that i had nothing to do with.i have always done my job and beyond.it is in Gods hands now and i will do what i have to.

My future son in law and his dad own a plumbing company and they nothing going on......but just got a big contract at a pharmaceutical company revamping a warehouse into a production facility......this is great for them as its a few months work.....

3 hours ago, Livesintrees said:

Flat out told the employees this. They need to show “hardship” now or they won’t qualify for the loans. 

Who knows how this will work out. Last thing I read was the loans will be for companies who will maintain their work force , to cover the payroll.