Did you buy them and if yes how much?
Yes I did they were $5.95 for 100 in January

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Be mindful for these masks to work they have to be fitted thus sealed for them to be 95% effective.  

Thank you for all your comments, concerns and connections provided.  I have relayed all, positive or negative.  I will not be taking any more requests as it's not worth the headache.

On 3/25/2020 at 9:22 PM, BowhunterNJ said:

Fair point.

Might be a fair point in our opinion,  but our opinion means nothing when the Feds come knocking and takes them and the original owner has nothing to stand on, zero argument ....remember there is a executive order 

There's an executive order on Price gouging, not selling them.

20 minutes ago, DBuck said:

There's an executive order on Price gouging, not selling them.

yes price gouging was signed by both the president and state governments nearly two weeks ago, as far as medical supplies it was signed just a few days ago, in fact the day after it was signed we found N95 mask (7 cases) in our maintenance  dept's supply room,  we confiscated them....

"If you have a big supply of toilet paper at your house, this is not something you have to worry about," Barr said. "But if you're sitting on a warehouse with surgical masks, you will be hearing a knock on your door."

Not saying the gov can't take them, of course they can.  The fair point is that some private person or some private company may have a lot of money invested in buying/stocking them which is a fair consideration for reimbursement (they shouldn't just eat the loss).  Regardless of that the masks need to go where they are most needed right now. 

Regarding your maintenance building.  Is that a publicly funded department via taxpayer dollars?  If so, it's effectively already government owned.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

of course it's government owned ......

if a company informs the government they have them they will be given a fair price, if they fail to do so they will be confiscated with no money given

we kept 2 cases from what I heard, the other 5 cases taken to and given to a local hospital 

Edited by BHC

20 minutes ago, BHC said:

yes price gouging was signed by both the president and state governments nearly two weeks ago, as far as medical supplies it was signed just a few days ago, in fact the day after it was signed we found N95 mask (7 cases) in our maintenance  dept's supply room,  we confiscated them....

"If you have a big supply of toilet paper at your house, this is not something you have to worry about," Barr said. "But if you're sitting on a warehouse with surgical masks, you will be hearing a knock on your door."

They said they have to go to market,  can't hold them, and selling them is market.  The law was only forced  on GM to make respirators so far.  They also said you could turn them over to the feds for fair market value.  Yes, Price gouging is illegal.  

You see every day on the news that there is a shortage but the don't provede any contact info, and that is all i was asking for here.

I am a frequent contributor to this site, and I would not risk my reputation by trying to do something illegal on a public forum.  Either way I decided to no longer be involved as its not worth the hassle.  Thanks for the comments.

• Like 1

see the name in the quote "Barr" he's the Federal AG, if they find a person with a large amount of medical supplies they will give that person a option to give them up for market price, if that person refuses they will just take them and that person maybe arrested

• Like 1

On 3/25/2020 at 12:48 PM, BowhunterNJ said:

Unquestionably, your friend should be in contact with hospitals to donate or sell them.  As long as hospitals have a shortage, where they are actively treating infected patients, trying to sell these to anyone else is really a disservice to the healthcare world.  Your friend may have already donated some of them, even a large amount, but as long as he has excess and hospitals are in need, that is the only place they should be going.

I'd encourage anyone here looking for masks to strongly reconsider taking supplies away from hospitals.  I know you're concerned and you're panicked but you don't want to be the one who is actually sick and in critical condition in a hospital, trying to be treated and there is a lack of doctors because they don't have the protective gear they need to ensure long term care of patients.

Right on!  I have a good friend who is home on quarantine - she is an NYC ICU nurse.  Things are bad - masks being reused, shared and even having to work without them last week.  A disgusting state of affairs - I am hoping and praying that she pulls through.

37 minutes ago, SPEARFISH said:

They said they have to go to market,  can't hold them, and selling them is market.  The law was only forced  on GM to make respirators so far.  They also said you could turn them over to the feds for fair market value.  Yes, Price gouging is illegal.  

You see every day on the news that there is a shortage but the don't provede any contact info, and that is all i was asking for here.

I am a frequent contributor to this site, and I would not risk my reputation by trying to do something illegal on a public forum.  Either way I decided to no longer be involved as its not worth the hassle.  Thanks for the comments.

I didn't think he was addressing you or your friend, just the general context of large supplies of masks, but I could be wrong.  I'll let him clarify.  :up:

• Like 1