Jim_

Reminder: Blood Donations Badly Needed

The current situation has significantly depressed blood donations. There is a severe shortage. When I made the appointment for my wife and I at Red Cross, the nurse told me that the situation is getting worse.

It's painless … and quick. I'm sure there will be special precautions when we go tomorrow morning.

Some day any one of family members may need blood. Maybe, a lot of it.

• Like 2

I donate my O- 4x a year.   I have not thought about it with the current situation.  If there is a safe way to do it, I will

• Like 1

Just an update … my wife and I donated this morning. Everything is by appointment, no walk-ins. Tables have been set farther apart, disinfected after each use. People's temperatures taken, travel history. Purell hand sanitizer everywhere.

The shortage is getting worse. As is the case with my employer and also my wife's … blood drives have been cancelled. If you're working from home, I bet your manager would say to take the time and go donate.

1 hour ago, Jim_ said:

Just an update … my wife and I donated this morning. Everything is by appointment, no walk-ins. Tables have been set farther apart, disinfected after each use. People's temperatures taken, travel history. Purell hand sanitizer everywhere.

The shortage is getting worse. As is the case with my employer and also my wife's … blood drives have been cancelled. If you're working from home, I bet your manager would say to take the time and go donate.

Jim going to look into it now - thanks again.  Doesn't seem to be much interest here, if folks would put half the effort into this important topic as arguing politics with total strangers on the internet - the blood banks would be flush! 

i am not eligible until 4/6 and there is not a single drive within 30 miles of me entire month of April!!!!

7 hours ago, JHbowhunter said:

i am not eligible until 4/6 and there is not a single drive within 30 miles of me entire month of April!!!!

30 miles .. that stinks. They told me that they are attempting to get more locations in the next couple of weeks. 

Anyway … thanks for doing it.

I wished that I could donate but, my blood is worthless due to some of my autoimmune diseases.