RPK0620

NJ2AS and SAF File Federal Lawsuit Against Gov. Murphy's Closure of Gun Stores

I hope things go well.

Our supreme court in PA took a shit but at least three dems on the court admiringly dissented. Now that could mean maybe they wanted to further restrict but after reading one dissention it seems they were concerned about the wave of a pen and the nullification of 2A.

Good luck in communist NJ

• Like 1

It’s irrelevant!

Courts are closed!

By the time this gets to court the shut down will be over.

What will they do to the horse tooth jackass after that!?

NOTHING!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree 1

Not necessarily.... read the link below where it says

"As many matters as possible (including case management conferences, motions, and hearings) will be handled by telephone or video conference."

https://njcourts.gov/courts/closings.html

I don't see this going nowhere to be honest. They will look at it and ask if this is important and then throw it out.

This lawsuit is very important and has significant implications.

Is the government allow to infringe on your rights or suspend the US Constitution in times of dire need?  In my opinion, no.  There is nothing in the constitution that allows it to act like a light switch--on or off--at the whim of the government.  There is no precedent that suspends constitutional laws, as a matter of fact, during times like these the courts regularly uphold the constitution when the government overreaches.

This lawsuit presents the following constitutional questions:  Are the state's regulations preventing the citizens from keeping and bearing arms?  If citizens cannot keep and bear arms without the assistance of the state government, the constitutional right has been diminished to being a state-granted privilege.  It calls into question if government regulation is too burdensome on the citizens if they want to exercise their constitutional rights.  The court has said that the state can put certain restrictions and regulations in place, but this is a test of how far those regulations can go.

Courts frequently function remotely.  In my federal case I went to court once.  My attorney did electronic filings for the court.  They should be able to run the courts if we can still operate a Burger King drive thru.

Courts may and probably will reject the lawsuit and dismiss it.  However, if presented properly, it does call into question many constitutional conflicts that should be resolved by the courts.  I can see this being appealed to the SCOTUS over the next few years.

Does the government have the right to disarm you during a pandemic?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, SlugsnArrows said:

It’s irrelevant!

Courts are closed!

By the time this gets to court the shut down will be over.

What will they do to the horse tooth jackass after that!?

NOTHING!!!!!

Maybe not. Maybe it can prevent him or future gov’s do the same again?

Maybe not. Maybe it can prevent him or future gov’s do the same again?

Lunatic

You know they don’t care and will do as they wish when it arises.

He wasn’t supposed to be able to stop the bear hunt yet closed all public lands to it after the NJ Supreme Court has said only fish and game can make changes to the Bear laws. That’s in court STILL almost a year later from what I understand with zero change.

The state denies us the right to carry under the guise of we have to prove a need and deny everyone’s need. Yet they say you can apply and have the right. It’s all word games and no court has helped us fix that.

This state has been violating our constitutional rights for decades.

The NRA has been almost useless in helping us. The courts have not stepped in, the can just gets kicked down the road.

I have ZERO faith in any of it at this time until the courts prove otherwise and start holding these politicians accountable for violating our rights. Seeing as the courts in Nj are all leaning to the left with liberal appointed judges I’m not holding my breath.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

Are the state's regulations preventing the citizens from keeping and bearing arms? 

Does the government have the right to disarm you during a pandemic?

How is closing gun shops and background checks preventing citizens from keeping or bearing arms?  It is preventing purchases.

Who said anything about disarming?  

State Law allows local ordinances to regulate and prohibit the sale and use of guns, pistols, firearms, and fireworks.  You are saying that the State can't do what local ordinances can do?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

they are finishing the ones up that where submitted before closing..so something changed..

Edited by buckhound
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, nickmarch said:

How is closing gun shops and background checks preventing citizens from keeping or bearing arms?  It is preventing purchases.

How is shutting down the internet preventing free speech?  You can still speak.

State Law allows local ordinances to regulate and prohibit the sale and use of guns, pistols, firearms, and fireworks.  You are saying that the State can't do what local ordinances can do?

If someone doesn’t own one, but wants one, and can’t buy one, the government is surprising their constitutional right.

Also if someone cannot buy ammo you are denying us the right.

It’s a way to control and deny us or our rights and freedoms. You let them start there and where does it stop? What else do they take next time something happens?

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1

6 hours ago, nickmarch said:

States must follow the constitution.  There is a reason this was filed in federal court.  It also questions the constitutionality of what is considered "essential" and what is not.

• Winner 2

After Josh took it to our state (PA) supreme court they would not hear the case at this time. Was surprised of the dissension by the dem judge. I know I will be making a donation to Josh. He has done a great deal in PA. If you ever get jammed up over here talk to Jon Mirowitz for Philadelphia issues and Josh for anything with firearms.

https://blog.princelaw.com/2020/03/24/pennsylvania-governor-wolf-backs-down-declares-gun-dealers-are-life-sustaining/

Justice Wecht filed a Concurring and Dissenting Statement joined by Justices
Donohue and Dougherty; wherein, the Justices raised significant concern over limitation on the Second Amendment. Specifically:

I write separately because the present Application for Emergency Relief brings to the Court’s attention a deprivation of a constitutional right. The Governor’s Order of March 20, 2020, the “Order of the Governor of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Regarding the Closure of All Businesses That Are Not Life Sustaining” (the “Order”), makes no allowance for any continued operation of licensed firearm dealers. In light of the regulatory framework attending the sale and transfer of firearms, the inability of licensed firearm dealers to conduct any physical operations amounts to a complete prohibition upon the retail sale of firearms—an activity in which the citizens of this Commonwealth recently have been engaging on a large scale, and one guaranteed by both the United States Constitution and the Constitution of this Commonwealth.

Quite simply, if firearm dealers are not able to conduct any business in-person at their licensed premises, then no transfers of firearms can be completed. This amounts to an absolute and indefinite prohibition upon the acquisition of firearms by the citizens of this Commonwealth—a result in clear tension with the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution and Article I, Section 21 of the Pennsylvania Constitution … In my view, it is incumbent upon the Governor to make some manner of allowance for our citizens to continue to exercise this constitutional right.

Good luck and God bless in NJ. I am already reading that people are ok with what Murph did and that taking property during a state of emergency is ok... wow.. constitution right out the window.

• Haha 1