IGNORED

Is The ( Over The Counter) Sale Of Leftover Turkey Permits Still On March 30th??

Fred Flintstone

13 minutes ago, nickmarch said:

Where I was hunting there is no signal.  I can't make or get calls or texts.  I would think that the turkey permits have tags attached.  You have to tag the turkey when you shoot it.  I would also thing that they can still be checked at a check station?

No more check stations. I believe this is the 1st Spring. I hunt Southren Orange County,NY + Passaic County,NJ.    Now in Sterling Forest State Park there are a number of old Iron ore mines. This is the area where those 100lb Iron Rings were made into a huge chain to stretch across the Hudson River to prevent the British from going further upstream. Sterling Forest Visitor center has one as does the the war museum at Bear Mountain Zoo.          That is also why, I often lose a signal in Ringwood, Waywayanda State Park, and Sterling Forest. Iron ore deposits. 

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

2 minutes ago, Fred Flintstone said:

No more check stations. I believe this is the 1st Spring. I hunt Southren Orange County,NY + Passaic County,NJ.    Now in Sterling Forest State Park there are a number of old Iron ore mines. This is the area where those 100lb Iron Rings were made into a huge chain to stretch across the Hudson River to prevent the British from going further upstream. Sterling Forest Visitor center has one as does the the war museum at Bear Mountain Zoo.          That is also why, I often lose a signal in Ringwood, Waywayanda State Park, and Sterling Forest. Iron ore deposits. 

There is gold in those iron deposits.  Not a lot but it's there!

20 minutes ago, nickmarch said:

There is gold in those iron deposits.  Not a lot but it's there!

I know where some of those Mines are. Eastern side of Bill White Mt. Is a huge Boat shaped Slag  pile. Nearby Long Pond Ironworks State Park makes clear the amount of Iron ore deposits.  A few Months back, I was hiking along the Monksville Res looking for Turkey sign of course and came on some -- keep out - Mines-- signs.   I hope to Tag Turkey #120 + my 50th Gobbler this coming late April. 

40 minutes ago, Fred Flintstone said:

I know where some of those Mines are. Eastern side of Bill White Mt. Is a huge Boat shaped Slag  pile. Nearby Long Pond Ironworks State Park makes clear the amount of Iron ore deposits.  A few Months back, I was hiking along the Monksville Res looking for Turkey sign of course and came on some -- keep out - Mines-- signs.   I hope to Tag Turkey #120 + my 50th Gobbler this coming late April. 

#50 is a big milestone.  Good luck!  If you really run into a problem,  PM me and I'll do it for you on my computer.

1 hour ago, vdep217 said:

Check stations are done.  Just as deer the only ways to check in a Turkey will be a phone call or online

Vito, just last season I checked in my son and my birds at the Hainesville General Store as we have done for years. Weighed in by the clerk and measured up, specifically for the contest on W&W. 

Not sure this has changed...?

19 minutes ago, LPJR said:

Vito, just last season I checked in my son and my birds at the Hainesville General Store as we have done for years. Weighed in by the clerk and measured up, specifically for the contest on W&W. 

Last season the online system was not turkey ready.  This year it supposedly will be.  Notice the confirmation number spot on the permit just like deer.  My guess for contest every one will need the same scale pic and pic of spurs.  Just like some fishing clubs with the scale part of it

1 hour ago, LPJR said:

Yes from what I understand this changed. If you look on the tag, it has a little scale I believe 1/2" to measure the spurs. Not sure about weight though

2 hours ago, LPJR said:

I did some research for this year's check-in requirements a couple of weeks ago - see the link to thread below for details. But in short, no check-in stations anymore. See page 60 of digest : "After the close of the Fall 2019 Turkey Season, physical turkey check stations will no longer be used. Beginning with the Spring 2020 Turkey Season, all hunters will be required to report a harvested turkey on the day killed using the Automated Harvest Report System."

And weights are not required anymore - you won't be asked for it when you do the online check-in.

I'm going to buy one of those cheap hanging meat or luggage scales and use my new deer hoist in my garage to hang it so I can measure my turkeys' weights, just for my own curiosity ... Of course, now that I say that, I probably jinxed myself and I won't get a single turkey this year. :o 

See the earlier thread here: 

Watching President Trump right now and he said he would like to see the whole Country up + Running by Easter or April 12th at the very latest.    I am sure there will be some B + D Permits still available down at Wanaque Tackle by that Date .Long as, I get out a few times in NJ and maybe take a Tom.

I will be out on April 20 social distancing with thunder chickens

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

Just now wondering if those in charge of opening Sales of Leftover- over the counter sales of Spring Turkey Permits at ( precisely) 10am on Monday March 30th  will postpone this process  to a later date when the Country opens back up possibly by April 13th- the Monday after Easter Sunday which is Trump's goal as many here already know.                                                                        I have a strong feeling that Double the normal amount of hunters will bombard the Online Sales at ( Precisely) 10am on Monday March 30th. That is if there is online sales on that Date.  Now, I don't have the Tech know- how of most here-- but, I know people.              Just wondering is all as far as things playing out.