Fester251

COVID-19 Friend has virus & I'm compromised

Went Pheasant Hunting in PA  last weekend

The trip was great bag 13 of 16 birds and had a great time.......

Now the BAD news ..... there were 3 in our group, we traveled, lodged , ate and drank together. Upon our return our most senior member was taken to the hospital on Monday , tested and sent home with phenomena, by Thursday things had turned much worse he was returned to the hospital and put in ICU on a ventilator. Friday morning we were notified that he is positive for COVID-19. His recovery remains slow but he is improving. Last night they put him on one of the new drugs and they hope to have him on the second , they are slowly decreasing his rate of ventilation to get some lung strength back. All very good signs. However, I sit here in tears knowing I may never see my best friend again, could die myself and my have infected my family and others. 

I'm am now TRULY in isolation ( thank god I have a man cave!!)  I'm separated from my wife and daughter in my own home, and I can not tell you how extremely hard it is. We have all been monitoring temperature and symptoms and as of today myself , my family and 3rd hunting partner are feeling well and show no symptoms .On the calendar of things I'm now on day 6 of 15 before being allowed to return to society.

As there are terrible roomers , stories and ongoing B.S. everywhere, I have been contacted by county and local officials and we are following the CDC guidelines very strictly.  The local town Nurse has been an outstanding reference and help. She told me a press release would likely be released today.

I don't post here often here ,but I do love the site and all of NJW&W family. Right now we can use all the thoughts and prayers you can afford.

Stay Strong , Stay safe . stay the f*#k home!!

Breath in , Breath out , Move on 

Fester

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

My thoughts and prayers for your friend,

hopefully you and your family have not been infected. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Bones said:

My thoughts and prayers for your friend,

hopefully you and your family have not been infected. 

Wishing all the best in quick recovery. 

I was working in a customers home, before we are dispatched, the customers are asked if they or anyone sick in the house or in contact with anyone sick, then when we come to the home we ask the customers the same questions,  my customer I did the other day says all ok to all questions,  I spent 3 hours in the home and after job is done he walks me out to truck and says "should have told you earlier,  my wife is a nurse and is considered a high risk person for getting and being a carrier  for this virus"!!

Total scumbag move

Edited by Dominant buck
  • Disturbing 1
  • Confused 1

I wish you luck! I'm sure you'll be fine! Prayers to your friend. If you don't mind me asking, what are the ages of all you guys? 

Yup just do what you gotta do to get healthy. And hopefully your buddy will come around

Thanks All

I'm 52 and in relative good health.

My friend is 61 and has had numerous health issues his whole life.

Third friend is 60 but he's in incredible shape .

We have received word in the last hour that he is awake and talking for the first time in 3 days!! 

Fester

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Fester251 said:

Thanks All

I'm 52 and in relative good health.

My friend is 61 and has had numerous health issues his whole life.

Third friend is 60 but he's in incredible shape .

We have received word in the last hour that he is awake and talking for the first time in 3 days!! 

Fester

That's fantastic news! Things will be fine. Stay positive.

Prayers for you, your family, and your friend!

Hang in there n give a holler if your NJWW family can help!!

So sorry to hear about your friend Fester!  Stay positive for him and your family!  Our thoughts are with you all!

Hopefully your friends recovery continues and you are in the clear.

I’m currently in self quarantine as someone on one of construction sites called out Wednesday and was tested as he had I high fever and signs like a sinus infection. There are 14 people from my site in self quarantine from this. The guy who was tested Wednesday was told test results could take up to 5 days. Needless to say I’m trying to not let the anxiety get the best of me. 

Wallew,

I know the felling , try to stay calm.  Our return results took 5 days as well. Stay in touch with everyone it helps to spread the load and kill the time. 

Are you home alone and do you have support lined up?