4 Officers I Work With Got Exposed

Yesterday around 12pm two officers took a inmate to the hospital, next to them was a patient who had the virus but the hospital failed to tell them and have that infected patient in a isolated area. End of shift they got relieved by two other officers.....few hours into the 2nd shift the hospital released the information that the patient had the virus ....So now all four officers are in self quarantine , the first shift officers didn't find out until hours later so their families are also quarantined......

• Like 1

I think we could be hearing many more stories like this in next couple weeks. Hopefully the officers just get a nice two week rest with no illness. I know we had a conference call in case some of our locations need to close due to different situations and what locations are of the highest priority to remain functional. Already gave us warning we will probably have more calls all weekend as the situation develops. Definite supply chain issues. Be patient with those out on the front lines. They are dealing with very difficult circumstances right now. 

• Agree 2

We have a similar situation at my job. Worker in the gym within our building is being tested. 3 of our guys were within the same area as the patient. All 3 of my coworkers are now on self quarantine until further notice. We are waiting on the test results still. 

Sorry to say but all bull $hit on State, went to work yesterday nurse used same dirty gloves and same thermometer to read everyone's temp coming in from the cold, had a meeting in Trenton today so missed the $hit show.

5 minutes ago, Roon said:

Sorry to say but all bull $hit on State, went to work yesterday nurse used same dirty gloves and same thermometer to read everyone's temp coming in from the cold, had a meeting in Trenton today so missed the $hit show.

If that's true, she's an asshole and should lose her job. JMO, of course...

• Agree 3
22 hours ago, BHC said:

Yesterday around 12pm two officers took a inmate to the hospital, next to them was a patient who had the virus but the hospital failed to tell them and have that infected patient in a isolated area. End of shift they got relieved by two other officers.....few hours into the 2nd shift the hospital released the information that the patient had the virus ....So now all four officers are in self quarantine , the first shift officers didn't find out until hours later so their families are also quarantined......

you work NJDOC too? i know we had the same situation

• Like 1
On 3/13/2020 at 7:37 PM, Roon said:

Are you sure she was an RN? Are you sure she wasn't using plastic sleeves on the thermometer?

I'm trying to understand as I am a RN and highly doubt this really happened.