Greenhouse planting just about done. I'll do a few more flats later this afternoon.

IMG_20200329_111726.jpg

IMG_20200329_111731.jpg

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

Welp......Garden Ghosts are up!!

If some birds..... start raiding your pea sprouts.....

Who ya gonna call!!??

Garden Ghost Busters!!

Been doing this past few yrs after jihadist g-hawgs were terrorizing me.....and it was effective......and coupled with the patent pending G-hawg Excluder Fence....seems I have conquered their terror!

I Knew I was on to something after a trip to Lancaster and every garden out there had ghosts!!

My peas sprouted and there been birds pecking at em.....ghosts have been deployed!!

20200329_141618.jpg

20200329_141628.jpg

20200329_141821.jpg

Edited by Bonefreak
  • Like 4

Looking great everyone ! We have decided to start ours back up . We have some peppers and tomatoes already started . Tomorrow I’m going to burn the overgrowth , and hopefully eradicate a groundhog or two , and begin to prep the old garden . I will post pics if I remember to take them . 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Woodsman416 said:

Greenhouse planting just about done. I'll do a few more flats later this afternoon.

IMG_20200329_111726.jpg

IMG_20200329_111731.jpg

Nice green house to get them started in

• Like 1

3 hours ago, midwestxpress said:

Rifkin farm market is my garden. I gave up tryin to grow my own stuff. 

Nice to support local farmer but still nice to have some of your own.

• Agree 1

On 3/21/2020 at 3:10 PM, Bonefreak said:

I'm all in!!  Ready for the apocalypse!!

Cant possibly fit anything else!!

Garden is tighter than a bull's ass in fly season!!

Mite have to thin it out when things break loose!!

20200321_150619.jpg

20200321_150548.jpg

20200321_143254.jpg

Looks good. You seem to get alot out of your smaller garden.  Awesome 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Buck154 said:

Looks good. You seem to get alot out of your smaller garden.  Awesome 

Thanks Johnny!!  I try and maximize that small area as best I can!  Trying some planter boxes hung on fence to use up more area too!  Lol

• Like 1

Gonna try and do some work on the greenhouse / hoop house today.......I have the hoop part but need to cut a bunch of pipes to size then drill holes and bolt together.......then all the rest..........we like The Farm in Green Village ( garden center ) the Mrs. wants to go there this week.......

• Like 1

On 3/13/2020 at 4:57 AM, MRMCR said:

Wow soil looks good.........in my garden I had a higher fence and the deer still jumped over.....but the groundhogs did the most damage......

Take a gander at my fence....the top bends outwards a bit and it has been effective at preventing g-hawgs from climbing over....and the bottom bends outwards so they dont dig under!

20200321_150619.jpg

• Like 2

Green with envy!  Gardens are looking good.  TSC has plants on sale until end of month, but I can't plant them up here until May.  Don't have much room to keep them indoors, but I think I'll take a look at them anyway and get some if the picking is still good.  I'll start the cold stuff in a week or two, as long as this warm weather continues.

• Like 2

So

1 hour ago, Bonefreak said:

Take a gander at my fence....the top bends outwards a bit and it has been effective at preventing g-hawgs from climbing over....and the bottom bends outwards so they dont dig under!

20200321_150619.jpg

So a few years back I go to the garden and a groundhog is in there.......I corner him and start smashing him with a shovel....but their heads are like iron.....I am like "" die you freaking bastard " and I turn around and my wife and daughters are looking on in horror........but he did go to groundhog heaven .........

• Haha 5

All tsc had were lettuce plants.  That stuff comes up like weeds just from planting seed.  I only buy a few tomato and peppers.  Even they come up from seed being left in the garden from last year.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2020 at 2:52 PM, yoda4x4 said:

Hey guys - I've got 2 reoccurring problems that keep happening with my garden that I haven't found a solution for. I'm hoping you can help me out.

#1 - I get a crazy amount of wild grasses and weeds that grow in the garden. What do you do to prevent this from happening?

It helps quite a bit to toss a layer of grass clippings around the plants.  This of course before you've thrown down any fertilizer with weedkiller on your lawn.   Also till very deep to bury the weed seed.