IGNORED

2020 Garden thread

Dilemma.......

So......first time in 17 yrs we have a small rabbit frequenting the yard.....which of course is fun for Roxy the beagle to "get on a line" rt here at home instead of driving 45 minutes to our spot!

I actually saw a bigger bunny come from across the street 2 months ago n i flushed it out of my neighbor's shrub n it ran under my shed.....it was probably a momma bunny!

But, I worry that my very effective groundhog excluder fence mite have to be modified to exclude rabbits next spring!  

Or.. .i can trap ol Peter cottontail n relocate him and break Roxy's heart!!??

20200702_171008.jpg

On 8/27/2020 at 8:02 AM, Bonefreak said:

Dilemma.......

So......first time in 17 yrs we have a small rabbit frequenting the yard.....which of course is fun for Roxy the beagle to "get on a line" rt here at home instead of driving 45 minutes to our spot!

I actually saw a bigger bunny come from across the street 2 months ago n i flushed it out of my neighbor's shrub n it ran under my shed.....it was probably a momma bunny!

But, I worry that my very effective groundhog excluder fence mite have to be modified to exclude rabbits next spring!  

Or.. .i can trap ol Peter cottontail n relocate him and break Roxy's heart!!??

20200702_171008.jpg

Good looking dog.  Run chicken wire around the garden.  Had to do that too because the babies fit through the 2x3.  I have one this year that I can walk right up to.  It eats the seed on the ground under the bird feeder.  Had 2 every year for 3-4 years now, but the babies must get killed by cats and hawks, and the smaller rabbit has disappeared a month ago.  Delicacy to the predators .

37 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Good looking dog.  Run chicken wire around the garden.  Had to do that too because the babies fit through the 2x3.  I have one this year that I can walk right up to.  It eats the seed on the ground under the bird feeder.  Had 2 every year for 3-4 years now, but the babies must get killed by cats and hawks, and the smaller rabbit has disappeared a month ago.  Delicacy to the predators .

Thanks Grey!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, deadonshot2 said:

I just pulled my pepper plants out last week. It was nice still producing a lot of hot peppers into movember. Stocked for the winter now. Some guys here had some impressive gardens this year. Looking forward to seeing everyones garden next spring. 

Yeah my peppers were still growing up to a week or so ago. 

I pulled most of my garden a month ago. Squirrels were eating everything.  I pickled a few jars of thai peppers, cayenne pepper, and a bunch of green tomatoes. 

I've got one pot left that has a ghost pepper plant in it. Has 5 peppers on it but still green.  Been bringing in and out of house to keep alive hoping the ghosts turn red but doubtful. Will probably try them green. Save the seeds for next year. 

• 2 weeks later...

Chipmunks got into hoop house and ate tomatoes......deer did damage  they hopped a 10" foot fence in a single leap........and wouldve had compost if the fox didnt get my chickens..........did catch a possum early summer and didnt see any groundhogs this year.........had seed packets on patio  , then it looked like rain, so put in garage, mice got into seed packets........but on the bright side I did plant 300 daffodil bulbs and about 50 large alliums, and the flower garden did well this year.........

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE