Posted (edited)

Last say of July garden pic.....

Pretty jungle-like!!

Due to my limited area.....I try to use my "air space" as effectively as possible.....and let em climb to the sun!!

20200731_090112.jpg

20200731_090100.jpg

Edited by Bonefreak
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Buck154 said:

Now thats a tomato for a sandwich...one slice one sandwich 

Do not forget the potato chips and mayonnaise!

Make that sandwich with the tomato slice, crushed up potato chips and mayo.  The roll your sleeves up, step up to the kitchen sink with the sandwich and dig in.   I still have another week before the Beefmasters fully ripen but I am drooling at the thought of that first sandwich of the season.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, madeinuk said:

Do not forget the potato chips and mayonnaise!

Make that sandwich with the tomato slice, crushed up potato chips and mayo.  The roll your sleeves up, step up to the kitchen sink with the sandwich and dig in.   I still have another week before the Beefmasters fully ripen but I am drooling at the thought of that first sandwich of the season.

I like a slice of bologna with my chip sandwich.  I have to start digging up my potatoes too.  Big baked potato with butter is next on my list for lunch.  Have a bunch of bell peppers waiting to be picked and stuffed.  Waiting on the go ahead from the wife who will be making them.

Enough for a few samwiches. Have more ready on the vine to pick tomorrow before the birds sample them

15962349526829026329362830655593.thumb.jpg.93654a66d28f8f1bf86e9d76f7f076f7.jpg

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Bonefreak said:

Yikes!!!

Another promiscuous cucumber!!!

20200802_092131.jpg

Got some extra iron in that one.

• Haha 1

First i seen them take on that shape,sharpdog.

Picked a few today. Cstbirds got half dozen of my tomatoes. Chickens liked them

15964084641702392824463113092252.thumb.jpg.3bd0c49ab714ab17fd71ee46b924e71f.jpg

• Like 3

Been doing good with the Peppers, Tomaters, & Eggplants...I bought the onions this morning to make the Sausage & Peppers  but thinking about growing them next year (The jalapenos added a nice kick & flavor👍!!

20200802_160116.thumb.jpg.13d4dd5e13836a7b174185270c720434.jpg

20200802_165124.thumb.jpg.c6c82740fc17c7c96d53b902ec9f5364.jpg

20200802_173135.thumb.jpg.9f56b424dae1a10e70cc9d3a7dd69cd7.jpg

• Like 2

I’m drooling over these pics.  Up here in Northern Jersey, I just got my first couple of cherry tomatoes off of the vine this weekend.   I’ve got a bunch of green beefsteak coming in and the peppers seem to be coming in slowly albeit one or two at a time. It’s my first year going at it though so I’ll be happy with what I get. 

how often are you guys fertilizing and what are you using, if anything?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Integracingsr said:

I’m drooling over these pics.  Up here in Northern Jersey, I just got my first couple of cherry tomatoes off of the vine this weekend.   I’ve got a bunch of green beefsteak coming in and the peppers seem to be coming in slowly albeit one or two at a time. It’s my first year going at it though so I’ll be happy with what I get. 

how often are you guys fertilizing and what are you using, if anything?

I fertilize when I plant, with 10 12 5(?order?) for tomato and vegetable plants.  I make a trench an inch or two deep,  6-8" radius around each plant, or around the base of a mound, put a layer of fertilizer pellets in the trench and poke some of it deeper into the soil with my fingers.  Don't apply directly to the roots.  Let it soak into the soil and the roots grow into it.  That's all I do to fertilize besides adding compost every other year, or every few years, depending how long it takes for a pile to break down. The grass clippings I use as mulch around the plants, and some leaf mulch from the mower that I add in the fall, gets turned in every year.  I've also been using wood chips as a floor in the chicken pen.  They turn that over until it turns into fertilized dirt which I add to the garden.  Once every few years I'll lime it in the fall.

Edited by Greybeard
  • Like 3