IGNORED

2020 Garden thread

Just went out back to open up the greenhouse........just on the other side of the fence was a deer , less than 10 feet away from me......I pick up a rock and hit him in the buttt,   he moved like 5 feet away........I hit him again and he just walked away............at least he wasnt in the garden..........

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE

On 6/4/2020 at 11:59 AM, Njpddet said:

Here is updated photos on my raised beds. A bit overcrowded but I will see how they turn out. I have about 20 assorted tomato plants and 20 assorted pepper plants left if anybody needs them. Bergen county close to 287. c12420ef654cd747908c6eada331a778.jpg
3fec80a2e80ecf9ff4bfd368d546a77b.jpg
ae91c6c3fe1e94933393c2f3d22879cb.jpg
74d525ffc47491ee6ff4e1babef6368b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love how your well kept planters are doing. Amazing how fast the plants grow the past two weeks as the ground warms up, huh.  Now is the time to take a couple of notes and write things down for next year. Don't be fooled by that first spring heat wave and try to jump the gun. Remember the warm crops Eggplant, Peppers, Tomatoes can't be planted before May 10 where you are. Even then it can be early unless you want to cover on those cold nights. If seeding your own, Peppers & Eggplant end of February to Mid March , and Tomato's end of March is plenty early.  Not really a Garden Nazi

Looks really good Bob!!!.. you know your chit. That's the way I used to do it build the mounds plant the crops on top,why?Hence the furrows collect rainwater, feeding the roots below. Enjoy walking your planks. 👍

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

My wifes lemon tree in the greenhouse is loaded with flowers and a few small lemons....trying some sweet potatoes in a large bucket/ barrel adding soil as they grow...well see what happens......

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE

Cutting scapes (flowers) off the garlic now. Pushes energy into the bulb. I will be yanking the 2000 bulbs of garlic in mid july. The rest of the garden is plugging along. I made the mistake of getting my wife into gardening. I now have three gardens on two properties. 😐 She is cutting into my food plot planting time.