1 hour ago, Bonefreak said:

Was wondering when they were guna go to head!!!

20200522_130124.jpg

20200522_130115.jpg

Nice. Is that  Broccoli?

• Like 1

It's time!!! Early girls, celebrity and Jetstar's are going into the ground tomorrow.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Buck154 said:

Nice. Is that  Broccoli?

Affirmative!!

Starter plants put in a few days after St Paddy's Day!!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

My garden is a full month behind. Last year I was doing pickles and picking zucchini and yellow squash the first week of June. Those plants are now just a few inches tall and stalled. The rain we are getting now, and the heat to come in a few days will help things jump.

Did pick a quart of strawberries yesterday, big, sweet berries. I lost most of my patch due to blossom rot but do have some late blossoms on now and will still get a dozen or so quarts.

Edited by DV1

12 minutes ago, DV1 said:

My garden is a full month behind. Last year I was doing pickles and picking zucchini and yellow squash the first week of June. Those plants are now just a few inches tall and stalled. The rain we are getting now, and the heat to come in a few days will help things jump.

Did pick a quart of strawberries yesterday, big, sweet berries. I lost most of my patch due to blossom rot but do have some late blossoms on now and will still get a dozen or so quarts.

A dozen or so quart is a lot still. Must have a pretty big patch

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DV1 said:

What variety are those berries??

I just have flowers n lil greenies still

20200523_080357.jpg

Edited by Bonefreak

54 minutes ago, DV1 said:

Cucumbers didn't break ground yet.  Everything else popped up yesterday.  Had frost on my windshield yesterday morning.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bonefreak said:

Was wondering when they were guna go to head!!!

20200522_130124.jpg

20200522_130115.jpg

We love broccoli, I used to do it here but the amount of bugs I would have to deal with... and I don't use pesticides...the squeeze just wasn't worth the juice. Same for peas, nothing beats fresh peas but they are a lot of work for small reward. My brothers grow those two things now, so we trade for things I grow that they don't. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buck154 said:

A dozen or so quart is a lot still. Must have a pretty big patch

The row is 50+ feet, about 3+ feet wide. Just checked it again, once the berries start going red, they go quick, and I might be a little more than 12 quarts. 

DSC01738.thumb.JPG.f5578cb46961491f2c266532989a1596.JPG

DSC01746.thumb.JPG.92930d749759f33a69d40ed73bff0184.JPG

DSC01749.thumb.JPG.4396fddddf3501428c4a98be447b10ea.JPG

DSC01753.thumb.JPG.dc4d71d85a773082eb95397b5b9c6bc7.JPG

• Like 4

Blue berries look good too, well, half of them do. Like the strawberries, I lost a lot of the early variety to the late frost. I have another row outside of the garden that is the early variety and they have almost no berries on them this year. These are the later variety.

DSC01750.thumb.JPG.414b5870cf288f9b1166c0f51daf821d.JPG

DSC01751.thumb.JPG.2037ab1c629bcbba7e64e06b98dbaafc.JPG

DSC01752.thumb.JPG.f59fccfcc368a1eab9c6f1a5f41856ba.JPG

• Like 4

I stopped growing broccoli, too, because I started getting green worms and don't like to use pesticides.  Besides, my wife would go out and buy a bag of tops to make cavatelli and broccoli just before it was ready in the garden, then not use the garden stuff.  

I understand not wanting to use pesticides Grey, but you won't even use BT for greenworms? Works almost instantly and you can eat the stuff.      Jack

1 hour ago, Bonefreak said:

What variety are those berries??

I just have flowers n lil greenies still

I have 2 varieties: Earliglow and Surecrop.

• Like 2

looks like it snowed on my snap peas!!

Look at all those blossoms!!

Got to net em now , away from house sparrows!

20200523_192519.jpg

• Like 1

I have one Blueberry and it is looking good. Fair amount of berries on it. Have to get a few more.

20200523_133053.jpg

• Like 2