IGNORED

2020 Garden thread

Free tomato plants - Asbury.

I grew too many tomato plants from seed under lamps than I could put in the ground this weekend.

They are leggy because they were grown under lamps but by burying them deep they will be fine I am sure.

I have brandywine, Boxcar willie, Black Krim, Beefmaster, random cherries.

48 minutes ago, Njpddet said:

I’m recently retired so I have time on my hands and nowhere to go.

Congrats on your retirement. With a back yard like that, I'm sure you don't need to go anywhere, so enjoy. 

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

9 hours ago, Njpddet said:

One project at a time.

LOL. I hear that. 

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Must be nice not having to bend over to garden.  Looks really nice, njpddet!

Thank you Greybeard. My back is really bad from building and filling those beds. Add in turkey hunting and my back is totally shot. So yes, I wholeheartedly agree that not bending over will be a great thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the tomatoes and eggplant will be a challenge once they get size to them, to keep watered. I know a guy that didn't want the weed issues of a regular garden and has planted large pots  ( 30+ ) for years and has done well. He digs the pots in ( leaving 4 -6 " out of the ground ) and puts a couple of inches of wood chips around the pots to keep mud and weeds down. I'm going to do this this year, as I haven't finished my raised beds.