IGNORED

2020 Garden thread

With the mild winter I had the urge to till the garden today. Just starting to prep it. Not sure want I want to plant this year. Was on a pickle kick last year. See what I'm in the mood for this year. Already have my garlic growing from last year.

With this virus going around and store having shortages of different things I will be good to grow some extra stuff now. 

Let's see pictures when you get them going. 

20200312_180856.jpg

2 minutes ago, jsickles33 said:

did various tomatoes and kids chose to grow water melon. I usually let them choose one thing to try new each year. They turned out decent but they need too much room for my little garden. Not sure what we will try this year. 

Post up pictures when you start it

2 hours ago, Buck154 said:

I have a ground hog show up every year but they only get to show up 2nd time then RIP for him :rofl:

I trapped a few but then another would take its place....and groundhogs can climb right over a fence.......

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE

7 hours ago, MRMCR said:

Wow soil looks good.........in my garden I had a higher fence and the deer still jumped over.....but the groundhogs did the most damage......

I had a jihadist G-hawg hit me every year till I made a wire mesh fence bout 4 ft tall and it has mesh at the bottom bent 90 degrees so they dont dig under...  and bent 90 degrees at top like a jail fence, so they dont climb over....their lil grubby front paws cant seem to thwart that top part!

13 hours ago, Buck154 said:

With the mild winter I had the urge to till the garden today. Just starting to prep it. Not sure want I want to plant this year. Was on a pickle kick last year. See what I'm in the mood for this year. Already have my garlic growing from last year.

With this virus going around and store having shortages of different things I will be good to grow some extra stuff now. 

Let's see pictures when you get them going. 

20200312_180856.jpg

Looks good!!  

Just bought some snap pea seeds, lettuce, n spinach seeds last night!

Hope to plant later or tomorrow!

2 minutes ago, MRMCR said:

And hey if the groundhog would only  eat a tomato or two that would be fine..........but to take a bite out of all the tomatos is a death warrant...............

I get catbirds that did the same thing. Had to cover strawberries with netting or they would sample every one, then on to the blueberries, mulberries, and then tomatoes.  I didn't see them around last year:whistling:.

Hey guys - I've got 2 reoccurring problems that keep happening with my garden that I haven't found a solution for. I'm hoping you can help me out.

#1 - I get a crazy amount of wild grasses and weeds that grow in the garden. What do you do to prevent this from happening?

#2 - My zucchini plants always start out great but then they quickly and prematurely rot out. What's going wrong here?

David

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk