MZ7Extreme

COVID-19 Discussion and Updates

10 minutes ago, thefirstndsecond said:

Just found out the two asshats from Phoenix took the fish version of the drug and the news didn't report it.

OMG... blatantly accusing the president including myself.

The media are making this a shit show.

Fish version of what drug?

29 minutes ago, thefirstndsecond said:

Just found out the two asshats from Phoenix took the fish version of the drug and the news didn't report it.

OMG... blatantly accusing the president including myself.

The media are making this a shit show.

• Haha 1

Dont wana add to conspiracy theories.....but is there something strange how exponentially fast this thing is spreading??!!  The long incubation period is the perfect trojan horse!!  

Done now...dont beat me up too bad for that one!  Lol

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bonefreak said:

Dont wana add to conspiracy theories.....but is there something strange how exponentially fast this thing is spreading??!!  The long incubation period is the perfect trojan horse!!  

As far as conspiracy theories go regarding the corona virus, that is tame. I've read some doozies! lol Some of them downright scary if they were true.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/12/2020 at 10:41 AM, BowhunterNJ said:

This is also the case for the flu. A lot of people don't seek medical attention for it or more minor impacting strains.

The entire "big picture" for CV is the unknown factor.  They have little (but quickly growing) data around it.  The reality is, early estimates have it at a 2-4% mortality rate (H1N1 and other flu strains are in the 0.01% to 0.2% range which are orders of magnitude lower) and the latest reports from US doctors is that the worst case scenario is it could infect "many, many millions" of people here the US alone.  H1N1 infected 61 million people in the US.  With the mortality rate of CV, if that happened, you'd see 1.2 to 2.4 million deaths here in the US alone.  That is the "fear"and the "panic".   The other aspect is flooding hospitals if an outbreak was "too fast" and that leading to even higher death rates because of inadequate care.  The big question is how many hospitals would be flooded unnecessarily by those who are otherwise healthy adults who could fend off the infection, thereby preventing those who actually need the care immediately from getting it.  So that is a big reason for trying to slow the spread of CV down.

So while these seem like extreme measures, I assure you businesses like the NBA wouldn't be suspending the season and losing millions of dollars if they felt it was mere media drive panic.  And they've certainly done their research around it and have experts in the medical field advising them (not media or politicians).  This is also not isolated to the US, it's a worldwide epidemic and needs attention.  Unfortunately people are freaking out and emptying stores of toilet paper (???) and also buying all the N95 masks.  Mask wise, it's important for the people who are definitively around CV to have them (i.e. medical staff), yet the supply of masks has been taken by citizens here who will wear them inside their houses (???) or during travel (why are you traveling???). 

Ultimately, don't freak out.  YOU are likely not the one at risk if you get it, however you don't want to be the one irresponsibly passing it along to people who it might kill (your elderly and/or immune-compromised parents, relatives, friends etc).  Just be pragmatic and avoid getting it and avoid spreading it.  No need to panic, just be mindful.

EDIT:  Also worth noting is the testing kits available here in the US for CV has been a disaster situation.  The US is grossly under-tested, but it is improving.  The first set of kits was deemed contaminated and it wasn't until THIS week they had a significant supply of new test kits.  Hopefully with more time, there will be more tests and it will highlight the spread of CV slowing down or being far less extensive than feared.  Until then, being pragmatic is erring on the side of caution and not risking millions of deaths, even if it does temporarily inconvenience people or even harm businesses and the economy (I say this as I'm watching my own 401K get crushed).

You are right on target. I wonder how many here on this site are between 60 and 75 that have heart conditions, lung conditions, diabetes, have had cancers etc. I am one of them however when I was a young man the only fear I had was of my wife when I came home late from the bar after hunting all day.

Edited by bushden
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Bonefreak said:

It was by design...

Tricky chinese... Just saying

Governor Murphy added to the essential business list: mobile phone retail and repair stores. Bicycle stores for repair and parts only. Nurseries and garden centers. Livestock feed stores and Farm equipment stores. All must obey social distancing guidelines. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Bojaffa said:

Governor Murphy added to the essential business list: mobile phone retail and repair stores. Bicycle stores for repair and parts only. Nurseries and garden centers. Livestock feed stores and Farm equipment stores. All must obey social distancing guidelines. 

Cool!

Sounds reasonable enough!

Still no for gun shops though huh??!!  Baffling!!

The more that Trump is optimistic and hopeful that the drug tests help the more that the dems fear monger.  Of course they also mention the money that they want from tje federal gov.

New York is now the nation’s coronavirus hot zone, with Cuomo warning of 140,000 cases and sparring with President Donald Trump over ventilators and other lifesaving equipment. New York City is preparing refrigerated trucks and shipping containers to store bodies if city morgues get full. 

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/pharma-and-life-sciences/new-jerseys-surging-virus-numbers-on-track-to-echo-new-yorks

One of my employees friends contracted the virus 3 weeks ago. He died yesterday. 38 years old. His wife and kids are in ICU. I believe they are from Woodbridge area

11 hours ago, nickmarch said:

New York City is preparing refrigerated trucks and shipping containers to store bodies if city morgues get full. 

This is already happening, Elmhurst hospital has a refrigerated truck for their bodies since the other day.

39 minutes ago, tcook8296 said:

One of my employees friends contracted the virus 3 weeks ago. He died yesterday. 38 years old. His wife and kids are in ICU. I believe they are from Woodbridge area

Sorry to hear Tom!  Hope his wife and kids are ok!  I'm very concerned because my wife and 2 boys have heart conditions.