Watch And Listen....Doctor Tells It Like It Is

BHC

22 minutes ago, Leg O Mutton said:

How quickly we forget regular influenza kills people everyday as well. My theory is if you smoke many cigarettes and drink a lot of coffee your safe.

The point you are missing is, yes, the vast majority of us are "safe" but the more us "safe" people spread it to vulnerable people, the more vulnerable people die. What about that can't you get? So your OK but you don't care about your parents or grandparents? 

From what I have read the flu's death rate for a sample size is 1%

The covid virus for the same sample size as above has a 3.4% death rate.

The huge problem is, how fast covid spreads. Even if you don't die, which most will not, it will clog the health care system and those with legit illnesses or chronic illness that usually can be treated and move on will face severe issues and possible death.

My fears are not the virus but supply chains and goods. If we drop into a panic, run on banks, stores, goods, things will go down hill real fast . That is why the gov keeps saying no effect on goods.

Who knows, maybe the warm weather will kill the virus like the flu viruse, the flue season ends.

Keep a level head. Keep somethings in stock at home. Take care of your loved ones and stay healthy!

1 hour ago, archer36 said:

The point you are missing is, yes, the vast majority of us are "safe" but the more us "safe" people spread it to vulnerable people, the more vulnerable people die. What about that can't you get? So your OK but you don't care about your parents or grandparents? 

Oh I get and I mentioned nothing about not caring. We just have to resort to good old fashioned non-pharmaceutical interventions. 

I personally don't worry about the virus itself. I can not imagine what will happen when the broken link of the supply chain finally hits us. Vast majority of everything, including all drugs come from China. We have no capability of making any of it ourselves or getting in elsewhere. This break in the chain maybe several months long.  More people may die from shortages than from the virus.

Edited by Lunatic

I'm not a conspiracy theorist or trying to be morbid,  nor do I think or believe this is it but  as a country and world we are growing and living st record rates.  Medicine has improved vastly over the last 10 20 30 40 50 years.  The fact is we have not had any thing major to control our population such as in the past.  The plague the measles ww1 ww2 .  History tells us somthing is coming and I would guess it would be a disease or virus that we can not handle.  We can't live on what ifs,  do what you can to stay healthy be in the know but dont buy into the panic.  As with others in the recent past sars swine flu etc this to shall pass.

43 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

I'm not a conspiracy theorist or trying to be morbid,  nor do I think or believe this is it but  as a country and world we are growing and living st record rates.  Medicine has improved vastly over the last 10 20 30 40 50 years.  The fact is we have not had any thing major to control our population such as in the past.  The plague the measles ww1 ww2 .  History tells us somthing is coming and I would guess it would be a disease or virus that we can not handle.  We can't live on what ifs,  do what you can to stay healthy be in the know but dont buy into the panic.  As with others in the recent past sars swine flu etc this to shall pass.

WHat you are talking about has nothing to do with conspiracy unless you claim this is man made.
The guy in the video clearly states the testing indicates this is not.

1 minute ago, Lunatic said:

WHat you are talking about has nothing to do with conspiracy unless you claim this is man made.
The guy in the video clearly states the testing indicates this is not.

Correct simply saying that there is somthing coming as we have not seen a population correction in a long time well past the averages of history.  Weather man made or natural.  Saying I'm not conspiracy theorist was the wrong choice of words.

The concern with this virus is that it's new.  Humans don't have an immune response for it, so it's highly contagious.  Once it makes its rounds through the population, we will have built an immunity against it, and it won't be as bad the next time around.  It does have a severe impact on those people who are at higher risk.  As noted in the video, at age 50 your immune system begins to decline, and your ability to stay healthy decreases.  This is part of nature.  So older people exposed to the virus will contract it, and the older you are the greater chance you have of dying from it.  This is true of any virus, this one is not that special in that regard.

I have been working from home the past two weeks, and the college I teach at cancelled classes and we will be conducting remote classes through the month of March.  In order to minimize the spread of the disease, you minimize meeting in large groups.  I have 118 students this semester, and I just graded 118 paper midterms.  I also teach in NYC, and no one needs that level of exposure. The company I am contracting with is testing their systems to support a remote workforce.  Next Tuesday is a mandatory work-from-home day for the whole company.  I've been working remotely for two weeks now.  I don't care if I catch the virus, I do care if I am Patient X, the person who spreads it to everyone else.

You have to look at what is going on with both eyes open. There most certainly is a lot of hype from a media driven by certain ideologies or by the internet brain trusts who remarkably follow the other sheep out to the pasture and repeat words damn near verbatim. The only thing you can really do is take care of yourself and your family using the suggested guidelines and hope you are not infected. Overrunning the system out of stupidity and fear is already happening and will make problems above and beyond what the covid-19 will. Listen to the guidelines presented by the CDC and the suggestions for prevention and not from certain politicians or social media who are NOT working hand in hand with them.

https://www.cdc.gov/

Edited by _X7

Northern Italy is known for having some of the biggest sweet shops from china. Its where they make all the knock of cloths. they also dont have travel restrictions .so all these people coming and going to china are were bringing the virus. its not like the people of italy just got the virus .

14 minutes ago, hunt1940 said:

Northern Italy is known for having some of the biggest sweet shops from china. Its where they make all the knock of cloths. they also dont have travel restrictions .so all these people coming and going to china are were bringing the virus. its not like the people of italy just got the virus .

But you are missing the point. Yes, someone brought the virus to Italy, Italy was not ground zero, and it spread like wild fire. Its here already, too late to stop it from getting here. Now it will spread like it did in Italy unless we behave