I’ve been kicking around the idea for years, but have yet to pull the trigger. I have a fair amount of set ups that I leave out, but it sounds like the saddle is more comfortable. I’m also planning more diy trips and this could be helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

try this one its new,im looking for one also and i probably will go with it.

• Like 1

I just got back from the Iowa deer classic. The guys from Tethrd were there. I spent 550 and bought the saddle. Went to lone wolfs booth and bought a 4 pack of sticks. Came home and set up saddle using one stick. I sat in the tree for a hour in my front yard. Absolutely the most comfortable way to hunt. I'm hooked. I gaurantee you will not regret it. And I'll be 50 in April. 

• Like 5

have you shot a bow out of one?  Any discernible difference with anchor point, bending at waist, etc?    I always felt this was a great concept, but I would definitely want to practice practice practice with more and heavier gear as the seasons progress to ensure anchor point doesn't change and POI at all ranges remain same.    

2 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

have you shot a bow out of one?  Any discernible difference with anchor point, bending at waist, etc?    I always felt this was a great concept, but I would definitely want to practice practice practice with more and heavier gear as the seasons progress to ensure anchor point doesn't change and POI at all ranges remain same.    

Haven't shot yet because I literally just got it yesterday and set it up for the first time. But as I was pivoting and turning I was simulating holding a bow. And it definitely feels more comfortable then a treestand because your core is being supported so I feel more steady.   I'm watching a ton of you tube vids now just picking up tricks. But come September I will be ready.  Main reason I got one is I'm hunting on a 7000 acre conservation land in Missouri. So the lightweight factor and being so mobile sold me.  Had no idea it would be so comfortable also. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Luknikk said:

Haven't shot yet because I literally just got it yesterday and set it up for the first time. But as I was pivoting and turning I was simulating holding a bow. And it definitely feels more comfortable then a treestand because your core is being supported so I feel more steady.   I'm watching a ton of you tube vids now just picking up tricks. But come September I will be ready.  Main reason I got one is I'm hunting on a 7000 acre conservation land in Missouri. So the lightweight factor and being so mobile sold me.  Had no idea it would be so comfortable also. 

awesome - please keep us posted on this.     Would hope that no real discernible difference in point of impact shooting from saddle 20 feet up and 20 yards target, than same from a platform standing and bending at waist.   I think the challenge may be 10 yards and closer.       From platform have to really bend like pendulum at waist to keep same POI as if being on the ground level.  I just keep thinking "practice like you hunt' and you should be fine. 

8 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

awesome - please keep us posted on this.     Would hope that no real discernible difference in point of impact shooting from saddle 20 feet up and 20 yards target, than same from a platform standing and bending at waist.   I think the challenge may be 10 yards and closer.       From platform have to really bend like pendulum at waist to keep same POI as if being on the ground level.  I just keep thinking "practice like you hunt' and you should be fine. 

Absolutely. And all the videos I've watched talked about shooting. And the saddle you're more supported and everything from the waist up stays the same. You're only gonna pivot waist down. Unless you're standing on the platform back to tree line a stand shooting at your two to 5 o'clock positions.  

1 hour ago, Luknikk said:

I just got back from the Iowa deer classic. The guys from Tethrd were there. I spent 550 and bought the saddle. Went to lone wolfs booth and bought a 4 pack of sticks. Came home and set up saddle using one stick. I sat in the tree for a hour in my front yard. Absolutely the most comfortable way to hunt. I'm hooked. I gaurantee you will not regret it. And I'll be 50 in April. 

I've been doing some research, Tethrd seems like a good bet. My back isn't in great shape so being comfortable for me is priority #1, and hunting (almost) exclusively public land being mobile compared to clunky hang-ons is a big bonus. Think I'm taking the leap. I appreciate the notes

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ModernOutdoorsMan said:

I've been doing some research, Tethrd seems like a good bet. My back isn't in great shape so being comfortable for me is priority #1, and hunting (almost) exclusively public land being mobile compared to clunky hang-ons is a big bonus. Think I'm taking the leap. I appreciate the notes

My back isn't the best either.  I didn't buy it at the show but I tried it and will buy it before hunting season. And that's the back rest. It's a 29.00 added accessorie but it supports your back macking it even more comfortable. After you get it and try it please let me know what you think. Get the new modle. I think it was the phantom. 

Practice, practice, practice. Especially your stealth. I used both an Anderson and a Buck Wing tree sling and found that moving around the tree to be the most dangerous time to get picked off. Looks like a well made item. Good luck with it.

One of my friends bought one. So I tried it in his yard just to see what it would be like. Not for me because...

#1 You’re hanging off the tree making it easy to get picked odd by being silhouette 

#2 Being right handed your shots are just to the left of the tree in front of you, anything that walks to the right will get past you or pick you off with the amount of movement required to position yourself

#3 Try to take a piss when you need to... ain’t happening

Seems to me the attraction to the saddle is less to carry in. The cons outweigh the pros IMO. Good luck if you get one and it works out for you

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

Waiting on my new phantom to come in the mail. I've tried every portable option there is. Climber, hang on and sticks, etc. For the way i hunt the saddle seems like its the perfect rig for what i do. I'll be able to carry my sticks and platforms on a strap and that is all i have to carry in the woods with me. Way lighter and way more mobile than sticks and stands. Plus much quieter.

Posted (edited)

With all that movement to get into place for a shot its a no brainer and I don't like the concept of hanging by my balls from a tree either:shock: After 45 seasons in a tree I still prefer my double folding screw in steps with a lightweight hang on stand, getting up is very fast and quiet

Edited by bucky
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1