Greenwood WMA ATV Bust

4 minutes ago, Mr12gauge said:

They should also get big fines too, the risk should be higher than the reward.

I agree. They need environmentalist assessing all the damage they are causing by uprooting trees,etc. And slap some environmental fines on them for riding through the woods causing damage. Those fines will sting a little more than just the riding fines.

Sad how many people don't care for our natural areas. It's amazing how they trespass, but our government allow trespassers everyday and we pay for illegal aliens. Give the Bikers Sanctuary and we can pay for forest/natural area restoration. 

On 3/6/2020 at 8:49 AM, Psehunter said:

You're never going to stop it, state needs to imo open a few orv parks like other states have. People have hobbies just like we all do and as long as there is no place for them to ride legally their going to do it illegally. Think about if you took away all public land hunting in NJ, how quick do you think illegally hunting and trasspassing would get out of control?? Sometimes the solution is to meet in the middle and give these people a place to enjoy what they like to do legally... average orv park out of state is $50+ per day to ride. Like other places you can require that all ATVs/bikes/utvs be insured go be allowed in the park. ....I see both sides and agree with both sides. Other then the a-hole who are out there drinking riding and partying there is a large amount of kids that are out there too and me personally I rather see them out of the house off the streets so if the woods are the options then so be it...I know 99% of guys on here disagree with me but that's just my opinion...(not sticking up for these people because they are breaking the law just saying I wish the state would open their eyes and maybe work with these kids, I'd love to have a local place to one day bring my kids to ride but till then the backyard and 1.5 hour drives to give another state money it is) 

I think people who live next to WMA' would still ride them, unless the rv parks were next door as well. It is too easy to just hop on the rv and ride instead of loading it on the trailer and going somewhere, miles away. Kids can't do it anyway

On 3/6/2020 at 11:18 AM, hunterbob1 said:

There's a thing in New Jersey call chain of command. Like an Indian totem pole. Security guard, prison guard, police officer, Park Police, county Police, Forest,State trooper,US Marshal. Then you have division of fish and wildlife whose main duty is to oversee and enforce hunting animal related activities. It's a slippery slope. You'd be amazed how many of these riders are Leos or have family who are.:nerd:

Your statement is a slippery slope by using a broad brush to paint with. Most likely with suppositions and not facts.

Edited by Bucndoe

47 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

I think people who live next to WMA' would still ride them, unless the rv parks were next door as well. It is too easy to just hop on the rv and ride instead of loading it on the trailer and going somewhere, miles away. Kids can't do it anyway

Just take a ride down 528, Hawkin Road or Stump Tavern Road.  Seems like every house has a bunch of quads and dirtbikes sitting out front.  

1 hour ago, Lunatic said:

Correct but that's not a reason not to try and open a park to try and cut down on the problem. Plenty of state/federal/town/county and permit type private land available yet you still have guys trasspassing and hunting properties they don't belong on.

1 hour ago, Psehunter said:

Correct but that's not a reason not to try and open a park to try and cut down on the problem. Plenty of state/federal/town/county and permit type private land available yet you still have guys trasspassing and hunting properties they don't belong on.

They should organize and find the way to pay for land the way hunters do.

Everyone has a valid point. To me another simple thought is this. If you buy an atv for the sole purpose of trail riding, and you don’t have a trail......then maybe you shouldn’t have bought the atv. With that said if anyone here has an ATV and no trail, feel free to give it to me. Thanks

Edited by Livesintrees

11 minutes ago, Livesintrees said:

Everyone has a valid point. To me another simple thought is this. If you buy an atv for the sole purpose of trail riding, and you don’t have a trail......then maybe you shouldn’t have bought the atv. With that said if anyone here has an ATV and no trail, feel free to give it to me. Thanks

I had the same thought. Maybe they get it to trailer it to somewhere but then in between they just ride wherever they feel like it.