A very small world, today!

Bucksnbows

I was booked to guide a fly angler today who was on business in Philly and who lives in Indianapolis.  He normally drives to the Catskills to fish during this annual sales meeting in Philly, but he decided to check out NJ trout fishing to save some drive time before his flight and he looked up our fly shop online.  I just happened to assign myself to this trip (I have 4 other guides that I also book for) and the client"s name was very common and never rang any bells.

I met him in the shop this morning and he looked familiar, but I convinced myself it is because he looks like someone else I know that lives more locally.  We fished 8 hours and he was catching a lot of nice fish and even a few very small, wild browns.  We had a great day out and he was a nice guy that was a great fly angler that hires guides for new water when he travels.  As our day was nearing its end so he could drive back to Philly to catch his flight home, he was telling me a story of when he lived in the western St. Louis suburbs in the late 80s.  I lived in the western suburbs of St. Louis in the late 80s..........30 seconds of quick connections later, and we used to be drinking buddies on Friday and Saturday nights (and other nights, lol) at Dave's World Famous Bar and Restaurant in Chesterfield, MO and hadn't seen each other in 25+ years.    

I got a very generous tip and a booking for next year and a rekindled friendship I hadn't looked back on in 25 or more years since I moved (then) to Colorado.  Small world, indeed!