IGNORED

Lancehead Crossbows

BowhunterNJ

1 hour ago, BowhunterNJ said:

It's not a matter of what can kill they all can kill.  The biggest issue with crossbows is the cumbersome nature of their width and carrying them around through brush.  

Both Ravin and this design attempt to address that at a very high cost 

CAN "Not having limbs" at least remove it from the ARCHERY category?????

Or are we reduced to having a shaft and a broadead means ARCHERY?

If the latter, then the door is open for gun powder or CO2 air charged bolts, hell maybe even lithium battery or plutonium charged bolts???  

First there were stick bows - archery.   Then came the training wheels (guilty as charged), then the crossbows for the disabled, then crossbows in general archery category for all, and now this? 

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

10 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

CAN "Not having limbs" at least remove it from the ARCHERY category?????

Or are we reduced to having a shaft and a broadead means ARCHERY?

If the latter, then the door is open for gun powder or CO2 air charged bolts, hell maybe even lithium batter or plutonium charged bolts???  

First there were stick bows - archery.   Then came the training wheels (guilty as charged), then the crossbows for the disabled, then crossbows in general archery category for all, and now this? 

Can we ban this pot stirrer?

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

1 hour ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

Have to agree with you there.  I usually pack in and out of my spot, and carrying a crossbow in on my back is always an interesting experience.  I was looking at some of the detachable bow designs and the smaller-width designs to resolve the issue.  I have a great Parker F4 that I currently use, but I have to tie it down in several places to pack it in.  So this looks interesting.

then get the CP400, or the new Killer Instinct 

16 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

YES PLEASE!!!!!!!    And the group text too?  I wanna just talk to Rusty and nobody else

We should beat the crap out of the person who started that whole group text thing at Jay's get-together tomorrow.  I'll bring a new tire iron for the occasion.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Those are a big piece of shit!

i just bought my son a recruit by Barnett. Wind up crank super light and 305 FPS. Awesome bow with a vortex scope. I have the new Barnett Hyper Ghost 425. Yes it’s  super quite and will smoke my buddies R26, but the kids crossbows are faster that most compounds and about 250 bucks you can’t go wrong. Ravin has a great geometry but that’s about it.. 

• 3 weeks later...

I showed a picture of the Lancehead to the head of F&W and he said in N.J. they are not considered a crossbow. He said the company can call those springs limbs if they want but, in N.J., they aren’t considered limbs and will never be legal during archery season here as long as he has something to say about it. Don’t shoot the messenger, that just they told me...