IGNORED

How do people find so many

Zone35killer

im just curious about shed hunting. i get that your scouting for what made it through the season. but what do you guys do with all these sheds? i would assume after years of shed hunting and if your good at it you would have a lot of antlers. im not trying to start anything im honestly curious. 

i found a couple over the years walking in the woods and i picked them up thinking they would make a good knife handle. they are still collecting dust in my shed. i cant imagine having over a hundred. 

Edited by Kype

im just curious about shed hunting. i get that your scouting for what made it through the season. but what do you guys do with all these sheds? i would assume after years of shed hunting and if your good at it you would have a lot of antlers. im not trying to start anything im honestly curious. 
i found a couple over the years walking in the woods and i picked them up thinking they would make a good knife handle. they are still collecting dust in my shed. i cant imagine having over a hundred. 
This is what I did with mine this tree has about 400lbs of antlers in it20190814_125954.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

"Don't forget that you're First Marines! Not all the Communists in hell can overrun you!" - Chesty Puller

15 hours ago, tcook8296 said:

Unless you are walking where you dont belong, you are not finding lots of sheds. It takes miles of walking and our hunting properties are not that big. 

14 on public is great. Between my wife and I we found 5 so far between us this year so far on our property. 

I like to find them but I dont feel like walking miles to find them. 

I have 3 bucks holding that I would like to find, one walked thru the yard last night with only one side. 

Im going to have a few hours to walk my farm in Illinois this weekend. Looking forward to that

I thought the farmer killed them all:hmmmer:

22 hours ago, Herd Buck said:

Are there spots that tend to produce sheds year after year or is it More random?

I’ve never found one not even by accident in all my years in the woods. 

I find them in the same spots every year usually. And as I look more each year I find new honey holes as well. 

Some people are just good at finding them. They know where to look and how to spot them and put serious miles in.  Me I only find one to a few each year. But I don't put the miles in like the guys I know finding over 20 a year. They really do some hiking for their prize.