IGNORED

World Fishing + Outdoor Expo At Rockland Community College.

Thrusday- Feb 27th-- Sunday - March 1st.                                                                I love this Show and go every year. Plenty of Seminars as well- Google large list.  I usually spend a good 2 1/2 hours there. Some great food there also!  I usually go on crowded Sat. So-- who is going this year?

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

12 minutes ago, MPSR said:

Show gets worse and worse every year. I go to pick up a new High End Shimano fishing real each year. Shimano throws in a bag and jacket when buying at Melzer...

Last year there were 2 Turkey Call Vendors. One guy had alot of Cedar Scratch Boxes for sale. Always Crowded on Sat. Long walk in from parking area.

37 minutes ago, MPSR said:

Show gets worse and worse every year. I go to pick up a new High End Shimano fishing real each year. Shimano throws in a bag and jacket when buying at Melzer...

Melzer?  You mean Meltzer's?100 year history closed.I think your first year I went was their fourth year. It was great. New concept. Edison show too. Local vendors,mom and pop shops. Booth's where affordable. Promoters ruined it with their greed.75% fish&hunt guides. They pay for a  Booth. A lot of them from the Midwest rely on their survival to go east 2 the show like Harrisburg.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

1 hour ago, hunterbob1 said:

Melzer?  You mean Meltzer's?100 year history closed.I think your first year I went was their fourth year. It was great. New concept. Edison show too. Local vendors,mom and pop shops. Booth's where affordable. Promoters ruined it with their greed.75% fish&hunt guides. They pay for a  Booth. A lot of them from the Midwest rely on their survival to go east 2 the show like Harrisburg

I always like to check out the different knifes as well.  The Food there is great and, I make sure, I have Lunch before, I go.    Some vendors won't let you go if you stop for smalltalk. Mostly a good experience though.

Rockland is a good freshwater fishing show. And that’s what vendors are based for there .

nj salt show is a very good based Saltwater show.

both places allow you to hold all the new gear in hand , and IMO it’s a great day out mid winter when little is going on.

looking forward to working both shows and talking about fishing until spring sets in and we’re back in the water .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

12 hours ago, Fred Flintstone said:

I always like to check out the different knifes as well.  The Food there is great and, I make sure, I have Lunch before, I go.    Some vendors won't let you go if you stop for smalltalk. Mostly a good experience though.

I was there last year. There was a knife vendor that had the same Schrader Uncle Henry knife I lost over 20 years ago. I didn't buy it then because the salesman was too pushy. Maybe I will go this year and get it.

I have lost knives twice as a result of those on the belt knife cases.  The one mentioned above back packing the tree stand opened the pouch. I realized the knife was gone when I went to gut a deer.  The other one was one of those wire gut hook bird cleaning knives. I was turkey hunting that time and the belt loop must have come off so I lost the case and the knife.

Both knives are difficult to find, maybe I'll check if that vendor has the gut hook knife as well. That is, if he is there this year.

It has been quite a few years since I've been up there. I remember it being a mostly fishing show, but there were some good deals to be had throughout. Many of the manufacturers sales reps  were showing their wares didn't sell anything, but pointed you in the right direction if you wanted to buy their brands. Don't know if its that way anymore. I'd like to check it out. I don't think I'd be able to keep up.

24 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Horse radish bread and butter pickles are off the charts

What do you know about charts LOL.. Didn't you work the PENN Booth years ago.

Edited by hunterbob1

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

2 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

What do you know about charts LOL.. Didn't you work the PENN Booth years ago.

Don’t know anything about charts , fish can’t read them .

I work many of the Pure Fishing booths at the shows .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

5 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Don’t know anything about charts , fish can’t read them .😄

I work many of the Pure Fishing booths at the shows .👍