IGNORED

Hawk XB1 1.5-5×32 SR

BHC

7 minutes ago, BHC said:

Looked up the reticle for the Ravin, very small dots

Well the dots start out large and get progressively smaller. Remember, the further your target the bigger the dot looks on it. I made a mistake in a previous post. My Ravin scope from Wyvern goes up to 450 fps. 

Edited by archer36

7 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

I would buy a $70 UTG before another Hawke. It’s all about what you’re looking for I guess

Yeah. You can buy a Nikon for $200 and a Swarovski for $4,000. I don't know if I can see 20 times better with it. But if you want the best it's out there. LOL

Edited by archer36

It's a damn crossbow, ethical shots on game less then 50 yards....If the scope is clear, water/shock/fog proof why spend $300 or more? I put a SA Sport on my first crossbow by recommendation from Lou (LPJR), it's illuminated and it's water/shock/fog proof, and I spent $54.00 on it. Being this new crossbow is faster I wanted a speed rated scope

1 hour ago, BHC said:

It's a damn crossbow, ethical shots on game less then 50 yards....If the scope is clear, water/shock/fog proof why spend $300 or more

So why spend $200 then? I could cate less what you buy, was just acknowledging archers post about “ not a better xbow scope out there” To be honest, you’re wasting your money on that scope, you can buy a cheaper scope and get the same results. Btw, the rangemaster pro scope is only 60 bucks more than the Hawke and far superior

Edited by MGHunter66

AWM

6 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

So why spend $200 then? I could cate less what you buy, was just acknowledging archers post about “ not a better xbow scope out there” To be honest, you’re wasting your money on that scope, you can buy a cheaper scope and get the same results. 

I sure didn't spend $200.....I did my research on low price speed rated scopes ...some aren't shockproof, waterproof, and/or fogproof, some also have speed calibration issues

Not looking for a debate here, just offering my perspective having used, and still use, this particular scope on 4 crossbows over the last 7-8 years. 
This Hawke XB-1 SR is a workhorse, and totally adequate for a short range weapon. 
I’ve taken loads of deer, both day and night (with special permit of course!) and have never had a problem with them at all. 
the biggest factor for me is the ability to chrono my arrow speed, set the speed dial, and be accurate out to 60 yards without ever having to touch an adjustment or reset for any yardage in between. The variable power lighted reticules are great, and I’ve never had a problem in low light conditions. 
I agree there are higher quality optics for sure, but put into perspective, which I try to do with some of my buddy’s who get crazy spending “stupid money” on a optic that would be more suited to a long range rifle then on a ~30 yard crossbow!🤔

Im pretty certain you’ll be totally satisfied and happy with the Hawke.