IGNORED

Blocking Sections of the Forum

archer36

Can the Moderators explain how to block posts in sections of the Forum. For example, I don't want to see any posts under "Bowfishing" section, how do I/anyone block it? I've tried a member's instructions on here but it doesn't work.

Thanks. 

Edited by archer36

26 minutes ago, Kype said:

good to know. i didnt know you could do that.

Yep, you can customize your activity streams (like Recent Topics) and have a variety of them.   Like if you wanted a "Recent Fishing Topics" from fishing forums you're interested in and a "Recent Hunting Topics" from hunting forums you're interested in.  Then you can set one to your default.  The current "Recent Topics" is from all forums and the default for the site.

3 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Yep, you can customize your activity streams (like Recent Topics) and have a variety of them.   Like if you wanted a "Recent Fishing Topics" from fishing forums you're interested in and a "Recent Hunting Topics" from hunting forums you're interested in.  Then you can set one to your default.  The current "Recent Topics" is from all forums and the default for the site.

So if you block sections of the forum on your "stream", you continue to get ALL threads if you choose "Recent Topics"?

In fact, you can use Recent Topics as a starting point, customize it the way you want via the dropdowns (i.e. "Show me", "Content Types", etc) and then Save it as a New Custom Stream and give it a relevant name.  You'll see the options to Save the new stream as soon as you edit it, as well as the option to set it to your default.

12 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

In fact, you can use Recent Topics as a starting point, customize it the way you want via the dropdowns (i.e. "Show me", "Content Types", etc) and then Save it as a New Custom Stream and give it a relevant name.  You'll see the options to Save the new stream as soon as you edit it, as well as the option to set it to your default.

Terrific! That's what I was looking for. 

In defense of the request, he isn't asking to block any other posters. He is just asking how to set up his Ignore settings so he personally won't see posts in selected forums. People can post all they want, but when he logs in he personally won't see those posts on his screen (e.g. according his request, if someone posts a message in the "Bowfishing" forum, he won't see those posts, but everyone else who did not put "Bowfishing" in their Ignore list will still see them).

I'm betting a lot of users on NJW*W have the "News and Politics" forum in their Ignore list ;) 

9 minutes ago, 230jhp said:

It's interesting to see see the most prolific left wing person is trying to block other posters. This is indicative of the left's contempt for the First Amendment.

I have some liberal friends. In their case I would say that they hate to see facts and the truth.

1 hour ago, nickmarch said:

I have some liberal friends. In their case I would say that they hate to see facts and the truth.

WTF does this have to do with the post?? I'm not a fan of the guy's political views, but he only asked a simple f##king question. Why does every post on here have to constantly veer off the subject in one form or another?