IGNORED

Prayers For Ryan Newman

Zipper

Prayers for Ryan and his family. On a side note, nascar is the only auto racing organization I know of where the leader, either on purpose or by mistake, can be taken out and no one is penalized. Hell, I manage a small dirt track and if someone, whether leading or not, gets taken out, the offender gets put to the rear for “over aggressive driving”. NASCAR never does a thing about it. Unbelievable to me. I’ve been involved in auto racing since I was 16. As a driver for 15 years and and official in some capacity for another 20 and that’s the way it’s always been handled at every level at every track except nascar. 

Update on Roush Fenway Racing driver Ryan Newman

By

Team Release NASCAR.com February 18, 2020  at 3:50 PM

Ryan Newman remains under the care of doctors at Halifax Medical Center in Daytona Beach, Florida. He is awake and speaking with family and doctors.

Ryan and his family have expressed their appreciation for the concern and heartfelt messages from across the country. They are grateful for the unwavering support of the NASCAR community and beyond.

We will continue to provide information as it becomes available.

My "Handle" is not my aim, I'm paralyzed as a C 4-5 quadriplegic.

10 hours ago, 06roadking said:

Prayers for Ryan and his family. On a side note, nascar is the only auto racing organization I know of where the leader, either on purpose or by mistake, can be taken out and no one is penalized. Hell, I manage a small dirt track and if someone, whether leading or not, gets taken out, the offender gets put to the rear for “over aggressive driving”. NASCAR never does a thing about it. Unbelievable to me. I’ve been involved in auto racing since I was 16. As a driver for 15 years and and official in some capacity for another 20 and that’s the way it’s always been handled at every level at every track except nascar. 

I believe he was getting a push buy a team member and locked bumpers. I mean that's part of the game. Shame he got hurt but theses guys are athletes and make big dollars and it's a whole different game then dirt racing 

11 hours ago, 06roadking said:

On a side note, nascar is the only auto racing organization I know of where the leader, either on purpose or by mistake, can be taken out and no one is penalized. Hell, I manage a small dirt track and if someone, whether leading or not, gets taken out, the offender gets put to the rear for “over aggressive driving”. NASCAR never does a thing about it. Unbelievable to me

They should make the drivers turn their radios off for the last 5 laps and let them race. It looked like a block  that was most likely called in by his spotter,the same move that got Dale Earnhardt killed. Blocking at 200 mph is over aggressive driving, stay in your lane and let the best man win...that's just my 2 cents

Edited by bucky

1 hour ago, midwestxpress said:

Total purse for the Daytona 500 was somewhere around 23.5 million. Total purse for a local track isn't enough for a set of new tires. For that kind of money you better be aggressive. You can not compare the two.

Absolutely can compare the two. Has nothing to do with the purse. It has everything to do with NASCAR promoting sensationalism. For years NASCAR has allowed drivers to “move” other drivers. Sometimes it results in a car just wiggling making a driver lift just enough for the car behind him to get by. Sometimes it results in someone dying. NASCAR likes to say shit like “they locked bumpers”. The bumpers on those cars don’t lock. They are flat fiberglass panels that are smooth as a babies ass. On open wheel cars with tube bumpers, bumpers can “lock”. NASCAR knows that the cats they have come up with are too even and that makes for boring racing and promotes “pack” racing which causes crashes. Without the possibility of “the big one”, the stands would be even emptier than they are now. I know it looked full but, that’s because they have removed almost half of the grandstands. When I used to go to Daytona yearly in the 80’s, that place was packed all the way around...