IGNORED

What did you learn this deer season?

Michael Britt

3 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Wish I was .

I didn’t lose 1 piece . I lost 2 that I hunted for over 30 years.

couldnt blame the farmers what they were paid  for those pieces this year was ridiculous 

Wow! I'm sorry to hear this. 

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

I learned that I need to make sure I know how/where to discard a deer carcass when butchering your own deer. :loco:

But seriously, I did learn how to butcher my own deer this year. A major achievement in my eyes. :up:

I even prepared myself for next season! I recently spent some money at Harbor Freight and Tractor Supply to get a winch and some pulleys and put together a nice little setup for lifting my gambrel. Someone here on NJW&W (forget who) posted a pic of a similar setup - I thought it was a good idea so I decided to do the same myself.  But watch -- guaranteed, next season I won't see a single deer ;) 

winch2.jpg.3de556ec988bffc7cb39798b7ca2506b.jpgwinch1.thumb.jpg.848ac1e4299a7bbb4c2e2798632b8e9e.jpg

2 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

I learned that I need to make sure I know how/where to discard a deer carcass when butchering your own deer. :loco:

But seriously, I did learn how to butcher my own deer this year. A major achievement in my eyes. :up:

I even prepared myself for next season! I recently spent some money at Harbor Freight and Tractor Supply to get a winch and some pulleys and put together a nice little setup for lifting my gambrel. Someone here on NJW&W (forget who) posted a pic of a similar setup - I thought it was a good idea so I decided to do the same myself.  But watch -- guaranteed, next season I won't see a single deer ;) 

winch2.jpg.3de556ec988bffc7cb39798b7ca2506b.jpgwinch1.thumb.jpg.848ac1e4299a7bbb4c2e2798632b8e9e.jpg

That's awesome! And good setup. Preparing for battle is half the war, the more tools you have the better