IGNORED

13' Merrimack Canoe ~ For Sale

RPK0620

I have decided to sell my Merrimack canoe. I bought it new in 1997. It has been used only, maybe, 15 times. It has been kept indoors in my dry heated, humidity free basement.It may have a few light scratches on the bottom that are barely noticeable. It is in pristine like new condition. It has been waxed and the exposed ash wood has been treated with Gunnel Guard.

It is an extremely stable canoe, in fact with one person you can stand up and cast when fishing and with 2 adults is in very comfortable. Very stable and tracks nicely.

It is the 13’ Osprey model and is in the Acadia Red color. 

Length 13'  - Beam 39"  - Depth 11.5"  - Bow Height 19" -  Approx. Weight 48 lbs. - Capacity 600 lbs.   

https://merrimackcanoes.com/osprey-13/ 

I have 2 solid cherry, Guide Beavertail model paddles and a waxed canvas paddle bag they fit in. 

https://merrimackcanoes.com/The-Guide-Beavertail-Paddle/     

This model canoe new would be approximately $2,200 and the 2 paddles $350 and you would then incur shipping charges and possibly tax.

I would sell the canoe with the 2 paddles; throw in 2 additional wooden paddles, 2 PFD’s and the waxed canvas paddle bag for  $1,550.

( I'd consider a trade for a AH Fox, LC Smith or Parker SxS )

PM me if you want additional information or pictures and if you would like to try it out let me know. I would deliver it within a reasonable distance.

Thanks for looking,

Bob

P4300002.jpg

Edited by RPK0620

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

The Merrimack canoes are built by hand.   They have the classic look of the old Old Town wood & canvas canoes but are way lighter. Probably not a canoe you'd want to drag over gravel banks or abuse as they are way to nice.

The fiberglass hull inside is fitted with  cherry ribs one-sixteenth inch thick, to gave the hull stiffness and maintain classic canoe aesthetics.  The rails, thwarts & seats are ash with walnut bow and stern  decks like the classic wooden ones.

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

• 4 months later...
On 2/15/2020 at 8:35 AM, RPK0620 said:

I have decided to sell my Merrimack canoe. I bought it new in 1997. It has been used only, maybe, 15 times. It has been kept indoors in my dry heated, humidity free basement.It may have a few light scratches on the bottom that are barely noticeable. It is in pristine like new condition. It has been waxed and the exposed ash wood has been treated with Gunnel Guard.

It is an extremely stable canoe, in fact with one person you can stand up and cast when fishing and with 2 adults is in very comfortable. Very stable and tracks nicely.

It is the 13’ Osprey model and is in the Acadia Red color. 

Length 13'  - Beam 39"  - Depth 11.5"  - Bow Height 19" -  Approx. Weight 48 lbs. - Capacity 600 lbs.   

https://merrimackcanoes.com/osprey-13/ 

I have 2 solid cherry, Guide Beavertail model paddles and a waxed canvas paddle bag they fit in. 

https://merrimackcanoes.com/The-Guide-Beavertail-Paddle/     

This model canoe new would be approximately $2,200 and the 2 paddles $350 and you would then incur shipping charges and possibly tax.

I would sell the canoe with the 2 paddles; throw in 2 additional wooden paddles, 2 PFD’s and the waxed canvas paddle bag for  $1,550.

( I'd consider a trade for a AH Fox, LC Smith or Parker SxS )

PM me if you want additional information or pictures and if you would like to try it out let me know. I would deliver it within a reasonable distance.

Thanks for looking,

Bob

P4300002.jpg

I would DEFINITELY be interested if you still have it for sale.  ?

Call me

Bill Lauterbach

913.7060241.   mountain time.  billbach@me.com

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...