IGNORED

Clinton Range Review

MGHunter66

14 minutes ago, TouchofGrey said:

Thanks Bob... This looks easy and portable.

Your welcome. You don't have to glue all the pieces just the angles.To avoid blow over on windy days,drill a hole on each side of the base,hammer in rebar.A carry bag like for ski's or similar are neat.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

19 hours ago, MGHunter66 said:

With having the day off yesterday, decided to hit the Clinton Range to check it out and throw some slugs and rifle rounds down range. Got there around 8am and to my surprise... no one there. I like the way they rebuilt the area. Especially the concrete shooting tables and notice the forward protective cover to prevent shooting over the backstop. Heres a pic from behind the benchA center walkway is also provided but does end after the 25yrd berm. Benches are solid and individually spaced, i like that... keeps people from crowding you. Anyone going should bring a towel or matt to put down so you don’t scratch your gun on the gritty surface. I finished up around 11am and only had one shooter with a 22 to my left, not sure what weekends will bring. Was nice to bring the centerfire along and resight it in after scope swap and work up new loads. The winner in the 270 Wby mag was 74 grains of IMR 7828 pushing the 140gr  nosler bullet 3360fps. Couple 3 shot groups below.

How do you like that inexpensive bushnell spotting scope? No problem seeing the .270 holes at 100 yards? Ever try it out on any further distances?

1 hour ago, kanigie said:

How do you like that inexpensive bushnell spotting scope? No problem seeing the .270 holes at 100 yards? Ever try it out on any further distances?

Its fine for 100yrds, byw its a simmons. Its an old beater that has been in the cab of the truck for 30 years. Just use it in a pinch mainly 

Edited by MGHunter66

AWM