Kype

make me feel better about flying

i was told today i need to fly to chicago for work training. i only flew once to florida as a kid. havent been on an airplane in over 25 years.

i will admit and not affraid to. i dont get how something that big gets in the air. and to be honest im freaking out over here about doing it. second week in march i need to go for a one week training class. 

whenever i needed to go somewhere far i just drove. not an option here.:shakehead:

You might not die.  

• Agree 1
  • Haha 7

The actual flying is fun....The airport process; the boarding process and the clostphobic seating sucks

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

6 minutes ago, Rusty said:

You might not die.  

Don't laugh 3Blade, this is serious.  I flew once and I didn't die.  

• Haha 3

This will not make any difference because this type of fear will s not rational but you drive every single day and you are by far more likely die in your car on the way to the airport than in flight

Or should I say don’t worry you will most likely die on the way to the airport so you will not have to fly:shock:

Edited by Lunatic
  • Agree 2
  • Winner 1

If you do die can I have your firewood?  

• Haha 3

Just now, Rusty said:

If you do die can I have your firewood?  

hell no. ill be buried with it. 

• Haha 2

Just for a few seconds … when we get up a couple thousand feet or something … I look out the window and think WTF am I doing in this thin,  aluminum cigar case.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I feel your pain. My oldest son just bought a house in Hawaii and has a huge list of work projects for me to do. Only problem is, I hate to fly and it's a 13 hour direct flight then, i have to take a smaller plane to get to his island. 

• Haha 1

make me feel better about flying

alcohol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Winner 3

After flying for the Navy for 8 years and then for TWA for 30 years, I can assure you flying is much safer than driving.  Sit back, relax and enjoy it!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

The only thing that scares me about flying is you have no idea what freak or weirdo may get seated next to you

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, 3Blade said:

The only thing that scares me about flying is you have no idea what freak or weirdo may get seated next to you

I always get the kid who kicks the back of my seat. 

• Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Tarhunt said:

I feel your pain. My oldest son just bought a house in Hawaii and has a huge list of work projects for me to do. Only problem is, I hate to fly and it's a 13 hour direct flight then, i have to take a smaller plane to get to his island. 

Instead of buying a plane ticket all the way to Hawaii, send him a check and the name of a local contractor!😁

• Like 3