IGNORED

SAVAGE RENEGAUGE SHOT GUN

Grassmans

2 hours ago, Grassmans said:

Started to look into the new Savage Renegauge Turkey gun,it had good reviews but when i looked into the price it blew me away.For just starting out its new to the market and you would think the price would be comparable  to mid grade guns

They do look nice, but I think they are expensive. I will stay with my 835 which was only $279. 

2 minutes ago, Grassmans said:

Price is $1549

:shock: It is made of gold and automatically aims and shoots the turkey for me, right? 

1,500 for a gun you hopefully only need to pull the trigger one time? It's a semi-auto - who needs a semi-auto for turkey hunting? And for that price, you'd think it should be able to shoot 3.5" turkey loads, but it isn't even chambered for 3.5" !

https://www.savagearms.com/content?p=firearms&a=product_summary&s=57607

Why are they marketing this as a turkey gun? It's a semi-auto chambered for only up to 3" -- sounds like a waterfowl gun to me.

There is a definite difference in a 500 dollar gun than a 1500 dollar gun.  Weight balance the way it swings etc..  with that said I can not and have not justified the amount of money.  I have shot friends browning a5 the new ones benelli and beretta,  my stoeger is just fine for what I use them for

They frigging nuts. No rear sight or any set up for an optic. All I see is an over priced auto, that as others have said is not needed. I have been using my 1187 last few years and I hate it, way to much weight/length for my area where I have to run and gun most the day. Got my 870 set up with a 23" barrel this year and can't wait.

Now with that said, I do like the 301 turkey in 20Ga.

Edited by Greg