IGNORED

Marlin Madness...from a kayak!!!

_X7

10 hours ago, JHbowhunter said:

i could see msgDan doing that!

Ha !!!  I know the 2 guys that were involved with the catch... I have been to Panama, 4 times and the lodge that I go to is in the same area.    The lodge that this marlin was caught from,  is in the last place of land before the roads are pretty much not intact....We get in a boat for a 90 minute ride to a camp in the middle of the jungle, with no access except by boat.    We have have several sailfish hookups over the years and the guide has caught a few  marlin from the boat....but we never hooked a marlin from the kayaks.....The rod and reel set up that I use there would never be able to handle a fish that size.....I would be spooled in about 5 seconds !!  LOL

12 hours ago, Buck154 said:

Yeah I saw that the other day. Someone else already posted it here. Crazy 

I'll try to keep up, lol. I used to fish from a kayak. What is most incredible is how the kayak handles the big water.  I was in big waves on Lake Ontario and it is amazing how the close to the water craft handled it. 

Last time I was in the Keys Tarpon fishing I saw a guy in a Kayak hook up on a Big Silver King,it pulled him for quite awhile.The bigger boat that brought him out had to go rescue him.

The only downfall to this type of fishing is the longer you fight a fish the less chance it has of survival,especially if Sharks are around.:fishing:

Edited by Dinger