Great swamp NWR , duck, duck, goose

Never happen. Not in that part of NJ. First off probably have to take a proficiency test. Besides a state and federal stamp would probably impose a special stamp. And restrict it to so many days per week. Plus parking would be a problem. When i deer hunted the GS there was specific areas you had to park.

But it would be nice.

4 hours ago, Denny said:

Where in South Jersey? I've never heard of a draw or lottery there

Might be talking years ago when they used to do the goose hunts on Edwin B Forsythe refuge at the drive around near Oceanville. I was at a seminar last year where they were talking about possibly opening it back up for Special Goose Season in future. But there was a few hurdles they talked about that I don't see happening anytime soon.

It would be madness for the first 2 days then be fine just like everywhere else. After having lived in places with draws I can attest that it is one of the worst things ever for duck hunting. Seems like a great idea but in practice it sucks. Our crowds really aren’t bad here at all. Head to SC for their opening day. Opening day was always a Saturday, had 50 trailers sitting in the parking lot by sunset on Thursday before with guys out there saving spots to hope to kill a couple ducks. Trust me you have no idea how good we have it 

3 hours ago, ithaca10 said:

Maybe put in blinds and have a draw for those. Instead of a bunch of guys going ape shit. Sitting on top of one another.

They sure would get a lot of blowback from non-hunters … but that would be great.

I also used to deer hunt there when there was a lottery for parking lot assignment. There is some beautiful duck swamp and marsh there. Used to see and hear lots of ducks … different ones.

1 minute ago, Jim_ said:

They sure would get a lot of blowback from non-hunters … but that would be great.

I also used to deer hunt there when there was a lottery for parking lot assignment. There is some beautiful duck swamp and marsh there. Used to see and hear lots of ducks … different ones.

But limited parking.

6 hours ago, Denny said:

Where in South Jersey? I've never heard of a draw or lottery there

There is a place I think on cohansey river u can sign up for but just for youth hunts only....so...great swamp cud do sumtin like that...dont have to reinvent the wheel...its already being done down south

Yea no thanks for blind sites or a draw. The day I'm told if I want to hunt on said day I gotta sit in this big obnoxious square eyesore  I will move to a dif state.  You ever watch California public hunts on YouTube.  It's my nightmare.   Guys just blasting from blind to blind as ducks are trying to get outta dodge.   I don't understand why they use decoys or call. 95percent of their shots are passing at 50yds.   We have it very good considering our population  in this state.  

14 hours ago, Bonefreak said:

There is a place I think on cohansey river u can sign up for but just for youth hunts only....so...great swamp cud do sumtin like that...dont have to reinvent the wheel...its already being done down south

You're thinking of the Wading River Youth Area. No where near the Cohansey River lol