Muzzleloader Hunter Ed

3 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

If you already have a firearms license and want to take rifle/muzzy do you have to retake the entire course including field session or just the workbook and exam?

I only had to take the ML portion of the exam...... may depend on the amount of time that has passed.

I It used to say in the Hunter Education section that if you completed a field course before you need to bring your license to be able to skip the field portion and only do whatever you are there for. But I would just bring your current license and the required take home test completed. That's what I did when I went a few years ago and all I did was the muzzleloader portion and test and that was with 15 years between getting my resident firearms and muzzleloader license.  A few guys at my class didn't have that and they went through the entire thing.

5 minutes ago, Mpdiesel said:

I It used to say in the Hunter Education section that if you completed a field course before you need to bring your license to be able to skip the field portion and only do whatever you are there for. But I would just bring your current license and the required take home test completed. That's what I did when I went a few years ago and all I did was the muzzleloader portion and test and that was with 15 years between getting my resident firearms and muzzleloader license.  A few guys at my class didn't have that and they went through the entire thing.

I thought i saw that language last year but it seems to have changed in the hunter ed page. Hoping I don’t have to go through the whole field trial bs, been gun hunting for 40 years lol

2 hours ago, MGHunter66 said:

I thought i saw that language last year but it seems to have changed in the hunter ed page. Hoping I don’t have to go through the whole field trial bs, been gun hunting for 40 years lol

Id bring your license in case they still do that. But I guess its possible they don't because there were several that didn't bring their license and ended up getting into a pretty good argument with them over it. I imagine that happened frequently.