IGNORED

How was your deer season?

Rusty

It was beautiful I saw tons of deer and took a nice old buck from our club.  I also got deer fever and missed 2 deer in the early season.  I hunted exclusively with the compound this year.  I stopped deer hunting on October 24th and have been burning birds up ever since

IMG_8588.JPG

Edited by Rutting Buck

"Your short on ears and long on mouth"

Mine started out terrible.  I messed up my back and could barely hunt.  Then I shot a nice 8 pointer.  I had not shot a buck in 4 years.  I tracked for 1.5 miles and no luck.  Later I put 2 does in the freezer so it was turning around.  The highlight was my wife and son getting their hunting licenses.  It got better when he got his first deer during 6 day and later his first pheasant and first goose.  Overall it was my best season ever because I spent so much of it with my son.  I have not been out for deer since my son got his deer, but I will head out this Saturday with my shotgun for my last sit of the season.  I am already looking forward to next September.

Hunted deer this year probably more than I had in all my previous years combined. Always been a pretty casual deer hunter, made more of an effort to go out more this season just to give me something to do on Sundays especially. I went pretty frequently from mid-Oct to mid-Nov.Took my usual couple freezer fillers, but actually chased a couple nice bucks to no avail. I just enjoyed the time getting to explore some new public property I have often overlooked so that was a win in of itself. Then waterfowl took back over and I never got back in the woods despite saying I would for one last deer lol

Edited by chenrossi

Had a good year.  Got two decent bucks and my son got a buck on youth day.  He shot a buck on all 7 of his youth days, not sure if we were going to pull it off as we only could hunt until noon.  Also, shot a few does for the landowners and for my freezer.

And, my hunting partner got a nice up in Maine that I bumped to him.

IMG_3017.jpg

IMG_2758.jpg

IMG_2919 (1).jpg

IMG_2962.jpg

Edited by Nomad

Can't complain this year, killed my biggest Jersey bow buck on my first sit of the year then could not get on another deer no matter what I did rest of the season till the last day of muzzy in the last half hour I was able to get a shot at a small freezer filled buck ...kill on the first and last sit of the season 

KIMG0097.JPG

6189.jpeg

Didn't get out much with being at school in FL. Did take a few trips home that were pretty successful. The season as a whole was nothing to write home about. Played cat and mouse with a lot of the larger bucks all season, but the floods washed out a lot of area yet again. Ended with a couple does and a decent buck that survived being hit by a car. 

FF21F622-7FF2-4F61-974A-452E9DD18C73.jpeg

AFA25271-3339-41FE-B34B-2B90F2C1604E.jpeg

70ED7362-425A-4B2B-9AA2-F3A0B68C5337.jpeg