IGNORED

Pups, shed search, and old stands

LPJR

Took the dogs for a walk behind the house today hoping to find a shed or two. Have found a few over the years here, none today though. Took some pics as they were in heaven running.

Came upon one of my old stands that ASFTAX and I built when my kids were young. Brought me back to some great hunts and memories instantly. My daughter took her 1st buck from this stand with me when she was 12 and it felt like yesterday...

The old aluminum step ladder was the one that the farmer used to get in and out of his stand when he hunted here many moons ago. It is now embedded into the tree forever..

Resized_20200205_143904.jpeg

Resized_20200205_144300(1).jpeg

Resized_20200205_144618(1).jpeg

Resized_20200205_145818.jpeg

Resized_20200205_145907.jpeg

Resized_20200205_145838.jpeg

2 hours ago, LPJR said:

What's up Erik! Thanks brother. Hope all is well. We should think about getting together soon with that NJW&W smoke off/contest/get together. 

Just say the word and it will be posted......:up:

I’m ready, to make things fair we should wait until the spring that everyone who wants to participate can. You know those thin walled smokers are almost impossible to run when it’s cold or windy

Edited by Rutting Buck

"Your short on ears and long on mouth"

very nice. i ran into a couple old stands last year. brought me back to when i knew nothing about hunting, and a friend i use to be close with(not anymore). but just like you, it feels like we were building those stands yesterday. its weird how fast time goes by. luckly for me my daughter is only 4. and we have many good times together before she gets to old and only wants to hang out with friends. im currently watching pepa pig lol. its all good. 

Edited by Kype